+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT : Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate ?

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
I recently submitted my CA citizenship application and received a letter that my application was being audited. I am required to provide an Entry/Exit Record. So looks like I need to submit a request with FOIA? Does it get mailed to me or emailed? Unfortunately I just returned from a trip so I only have about 40 days to get this submitted. Thank you for any feedback.
FOIA requests can take about 30-60 days. It's done online and you receive notices via email.
Tip: when you make the request, you need to attach pictures of the bio pages of your passports to avoid delays.

dobeurman

Star Member
Nov 25, 2017
For usa FOIA records can take 1 week to many months to process and it is detailed version as well.
Make sure you create an account.
https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/request/publicPreCreate

For brief report, you can access it from:
https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/

Make sure you apply for FOIA records as well as it is more accurate and detailed.
I was asked to go on this web https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/ and print the USA exit/entry record last week ...I got them in 5 minutes and email it to them

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
I was asked to go on this web https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/ and print the USA exit/entry record last week ...I got them in 5 minutes and email it to them
If present in the US with a I-94, this method is by far the fastest.

Unfortunately, if you were present in the US by any other means then you are required to make a US FOIA request.
I made this request for a report of border entry/exits on May 3rd. Their initial written acknowledgement was received on May 23rd.

To give you an idea how long you're going to have to wait to get your report, allow me to describe the detail of my recent request currently pending.
US FOIA requests pass through 5 states before the request is completed and you receive your report:
Submitted, Evaluation, Assignment, Processing and Closed

The state of my request was "Submitted" on May 3rd when I made the request on the website.

The request changed to "Evaluation" when the initial acknowledgement of my receipt was sent on May 23rd.
The initial acknowledgement letter made the following statement: "Currently, the average time to process a FOIA request related to travel/border incidents is a minimum of 3-6 months."

Then, on June 27th the request changed to "Processing" which means the request has been assigned to a specific person who is generating the report. My previous border entry/exit report from them took about a week after reaching the Processing state.

No further progress has been reported on my request and it is anyone's guess when they will get around to completing the request.

So be aware that your request is going to take a long time. Because this request will take far longer than the 30 days the IRCC has initially granted to fulfill this requirement for supplementary evidence, I recommend that when your initial acknowledgement letter is received from the US, submit this letter to the IRCC with a request for an additional six months (as stated in the US letter) to submit the report to them. I did this and the IRCC acknowledged my request about a week later with the statement that they take my request under consideration.

I have heard nothing further from the IRCC whether they intend to hold my application package as long as it take to receive this report from the US. If the IRCC does not allow the wait necessary to receive the report before cancelling my application, I have no idea how to proceed with my application for Canadian citizenship.

Rickie s

Aug 1, 2018
could you please advise me how to get an entry/record record from India, I went to Indian Consulate office in Vancouver and they were not helpful and they just said we don't have this record.

paragbabar

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
If present in the US with a I-94, this method is by far the fastest.

Unfortunately, if you were present in the US by any other means then you are required to make a US FOIA request.
I made this request for a report of border entry/exits on May 3rd. Their initial written acknowledgement was received on May 23rd.

To give you an idea how long you're going to have to wait to get your report, allow me to describe the detail of my recent request currently pending.
US FOIA requests pass through 5 states before the request is completed and you receive your report:
Submitted, Evaluation, Assignment, Processing and Closed

The state of my request was "Submitted" on May 3rd when I made the request on the website.

The request changed to "Evaluation" when the initial acknowledgement of my receipt was sent on May 23rd.
The initial acknowledgement letter made the following statement: "Currently, the average time to process a FOIA request related to travel/border incidents is a minimum of 3-6 months."

Then, on June 27th the request changed to "Processing" which means the request has been assigned to a specific person who is generating the report. My previous border entry/exit report from them took about a week after reaching the Processing state.

No further progress has been reported on my request and it is anyone's guess when they will get around to completing the request.

So be aware that your request is going to take a long time. Because this request will take far longer than the 30 days the IRCC has initially granted to fulfill this requirement for supplementary evidence, I recommend that when your initial acknowledgement letter is received from the US, submit this letter to the IRCC with a request for an additional six months (as stated in the US letter) to submit the report to them. I did this and the IRCC acknowledged my request about a week later with the statement that they take my request under consideration.

I have heard nothing further from the IRCC whether they intend to hold my application package as long as it take to receive this report from the US. If the IRCC does not allow the wait necessary to receive the report before cancelling my application, I have no idea how to proceed with my application for Canadian citizenship.

Hi,
did you hear anything about your application yet? does it still show 'In Progress'? A similar situation to someone in the family and they have to travel asap.

Rickie s

Aug 1, 2018
Hi there, I had submitted the request on Aug 14, today I checked it and its changed to evaluation..no further update yet

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Hi there, I had submitted the request on Aug 14, today I checked it and its changed to evaluation..no further update yet
Are you referring to the US FOIA site? My report was in EVALUATION state for about a 3 weeks before spending a month in ASSIGNMENT and then finally 3 months in PROCESSING. I submitted the first week of April and received my report on August 22nd.

To be honest, your request may not take as long as I think this past spring was the time of the peak of the family arrests at their border with Mexico.
I hope your processing is faster.

I submitted my US entry/exit in August. IRCC has acknowledged receipt of the report and it's anyone's guess when they'll get around to review/verify and final approval of our citizenship application.

Good luck.