+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT!! PCC Query

snehgrover

Dec 29, 2016
Guys I had booked my appointment with Thane PSK for my police clearance certificate. I am married and I have not updated my wife's details in my current passport. When I filled the online form for booking the appointment for pcc it was asking for my martial status and I replied as married.

Now when I went to psk today those guys told me that rules have changed since the past 2 days and if u state your marital status as married then your spouse's details should reflect on your passport only then we can issue you pcc, otherwise you'll have to reissue a new passport which should reflect your spouse's details and then apply for pcc. A guy working at the psk told me that alternatively you can book another appointment for pcc only this time mention martial status as single.

Now my question is if I do what that guy suggested me to do will it create any problems ? Experts please help me out with this. Thanking you in advance.

sudi

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Hi,

I did face the similar issue in Bangalore PSK i had to renew my wife's passport to add my name n current address n then apply for PCC...for my PCC they asked me to change the martial status...but then i spoke to RPO he informed that PCC doesn't include martial status nor wife name....but insisted me to change my wife's passport as its a rule change effective from few days.

In ur case there wont be any problem with ur PCC ....but for ur wife she may have to add ur details which ways passport has to be changed.

Eg:
Ur PCC would be like Mr XXXX is son of YYYYY....
Ur Wife PCC would be Mrs ZZZZ is wife of XXXX....

anandunics

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Category........
snehgrover said:
Guys I had booked my appointment with Thane PSK for my police clearance certificate. I am married and I have not updated my wife's details in my current passport. When I filled the online form for booking the appointment for pcc it was asking for my martial status and I replied as married.

Now when I went to psk today those guys told me that rules have changed since the past 2 days and if u state your marital status as married then your spouse's details should reflect on your passport only then we can issue you pcc, otherwise you'll have to reissue a new passport which should reflect your spouse's details and then apply for pcc. A guy working at the psk told me that alternatively you can book another appointment for pcc only this time mention martial status as single.

Now my question is if I do what that guy suggested me to do will it create any problems ? Experts please help me out with this. Thanking you in advance.
No It will not. As the PCC will not mention any details regarding your Marital status.

On the other hand, it's better you do the required changes to yours PP & your spouse PP.

snehgrover

Dec 29, 2016
sudi said:
Hi,

I did face the similar issue in Bangalore PSK i had to renew my wife's passport to add my name n current address n then apply for PCC...for my PCC they asked me to change the martial status...but then i spoke to RPO he informed that PCC doesn't include martial status nor wife name....but insisted me to change my wife's passport as its a rule change effective from few days.

In ur case there wont be any problem with ur PCC ....but for ur wife she may have to add ur details which ways passport has to be changed.

Eg:
Thanks for the info bro. I got my wife's pcc done from Pune 10 days back and we faced no problem regarding her pcc.

snehgrover

Dec 29, 2016
anandunics said:
No It will not. As the PCC will not mention any details regarding your Marital status.

On the other hand, it's better you do the required changes to yours PP & your spouse PP.
My wife has already got her pcc so only issue is regarding my pcc. I don't want to go through the hassle of getting a new passport and waiting for police to verify the address for new passport as I have to attend a family marriage in the next week, police guys told me they'll take approx 10 days to verify the address and i'll have to be present there so I just thought to go with the other option.

I just wanted to clear that if i book another appointment with martial status as single will that cause any problems ? If no then i think that's the better option.

snehgrover

Dec 29, 2016
sudi said:
Hi,

Eg:

So basically i should book another appointment and mention myself as single correct?

meensc

Feb 2, 2017
Hi sneh

How did you go around this issue? I have the same problem - although my wife's passport has my name, my passport hasn't been updated with hers. I also have to go to the Thane PSK for getting PCC.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

LOLUCHAP

Star Member
Jan 3, 2017
i dont think this should be a problem as nowhere on the passport your marital status is mentioned.....

i am planning to get married...and my wife is in process of getting a new passport....and we have decided not to change her last name.....so will that be a problem?

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
LOLUCHAP said:
i dont think this should be a problem as nowhere on the passport your marital status is mentioned.....

i am planning to get married...and my wife is in process of getting a new passport....and we have decided not to change her last name.....so will that be a problem?
Not a problem at all. All IRCC requires is the marriage certificate as a proof of relationship.

LOLUCHAP

Star Member
Jan 3, 2017
that is fine. but my would be wife is in india and we are still not married....will there be an issue with PCC?

afza16

Feb 21, 2019
My wife has already got her pcc so only issue is regarding my pcc. I don't want to go through the hassle of getting a new passport and waiting for police to verify the address for new passport as I have to attend a family marriage in the next week, police guys told me they'll take approx 10 days to verify the address and i'll have to be present there so I just thought to go with the other option.

I just wanted to clear that if i book another appointment with martial status as single will that cause any problems ? If no then i think that's the better option.
Hi Sneh,

Can you please let us know how did you apply for PCC and where is you PR application now?

Can anyone please help with this PCC query
Can we apply as single for PCC despite of being married as no spouse name on passport can create problem..

Thanks in advance!

Edmonjaz

Mar 28, 2020
Question: i took my pcc 5months ago and after that i got married in canada. Do i need to take another pcc with my change in status or is that okay if i apply for ppc for her showing single that way we dont want to come across this all choas

KainthA

Sep 12, 2020
Hi
Did you applied your PCC as status single? I had the same problem I applied for PCC but they required me to update my passport first So I applied as single as somebody suggested me from PSK.
My husband did the same.
Is that okay?

gagansekhon

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Hi
Did you applied your PCC as status single? I had the same problem I applied for PCC but they required me to update my passport first So I applied as single as somebody suggested me from PSK.
My husband did the same.
Is that okay?
HII,
I have same problem. Can you please tell me if you got as single of married??