+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: Passport Stamping from USA

stormeye

Dec 28, 2015
Hi,

I am in a bit of situation. I reside in USA. I was asked to send my passports for stamping to Ottawa address. However, none of the couriers (Fedex, UPS, USPS) allow me to create return shipment from Canada to USA.

I was wondering if I can ask CIC to allow me to send my passport to an embassy in USA instead of sending it to Ottawa,

Thanks in advance. Hope some messiah on this forum can reply.

kevon2310

Jul 13, 2016
I am also in the same boat as you are, I have spent the last few days researching this issue. I emailed CIC hoping to get them to change to a local VO

I heard some people just send it to Ottawa without a return label, they will send it back with regular email (no tracking + slow time)

Getting a return shipping label + prepaid envelope from Canadapost is probably the easiest way but I cant get the envelope sent to me in the US as they only ship within Canada

I called a consulate this morning and they are referring to the main CIC smh

stormeye

Dec 28, 2015
Thanks for your reply.

I sent email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca yesterday. Hoping that they will reply soon.

I am bit nervous when sending passports in an untrackable shipment. :-X

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
stormeye said:
Kevon2310,

Did you hear back regarding your enquiry? I have not. Worried I may miss the deadline.
FedEx allowed me to create a Canada to US pre-paid envelope. You have to open a business account with them and then bill it to that account. It took a lot of time to get it done though, since the FedEx employees at the store did not really understand the procedure.

kevon2310

Jul 13, 2016
deadbird said:
FedEx allowed me to create a Canada to US pre-paid envelope. You have to open a business account with them and then bill it to that account. It took a lot of time to get it done though, since the FedEx employees at the store did not really understand the procedure.
stormeye

I did not hear back from them and decided to go with Fedex. The first 3 fedex stores I went to were completely useless but eventually I found a store that would help me and they did not need me to tie to a business account

I got an update from CIC this past weekend saying my application has been approved but the return tracker has not been activated yet so I dont know when I will get my PP back

kevon2310

Jul 13, 2016
deadbird said:
deadbird

I eventually went with Fedex, It would be helpful if CIC just told folks in the US to use Fedex as that would be much simpler. If you dont mind me asking, are you in the US on an H1B visa?

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
kevon2310 said:
deadbird

I eventually went with Fedex, It would be helpful if CIC just told folks in the US to use Fedex as that would be much simpler. If you dont mind me asking, are you in the US on an H1B visa?
Yup, on an H1.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
kevon2310 said:
deadbird

Kevon2310, what is your timeline for sending passports to Ottawa? They still haven't updated my profile and it's been 12 days, am beginning to get impatient.

kevon2310

Jul 13, 2016
deadbird said:
Kevon2310, what is your timeline for sending passports to Ottawa? They still haven't updated my profile and it's been 12 days, am beginning to get impatient.
PP sent on 1/11
PP recvd on 1/13
CIC approved appln on 1/21
PP sent back ???

Everyone case seems to be different, at the point of PPR, all the leg work has been done already but I have heard of 5 days to 1 month. With CIC you just dont know