+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT-Passport return

Akatsuki

Nov 19, 2013
hello all!
My application of visitor's visa was approved 5 November and I submit my passport according to the instruction by Xpresspost with a returning envelope, and it was received 6 November by CPP ottawa. Since it has been more than 10 days, I always don't have my passport back, but I have to use it to travel next week, in this case what should I do to have my passport back quickly ? How can I check the processing time? Thank you very much! :'(

lbchen

Nov 15, 2013
Hi

I have the exactly the same time as you, approved 5 Nov and they received on 6 Nov. nothing till now, the worst is that I my flight is on the morning of Nov.21, which means that if I cannot get my Passport by tomorrow, I will have to cancel my flight...

Akatsuki said:
hello all!
My application of visitor's visa was approved 5 November and I submit my passport according to the instruction by Xpresspost with a returning envelope, and it was received 6 November by CPP ottawa. Since it has been more than 10 days, I always don't have my passport back, but I have to use it to travel next week, in this case what should I do to have my passport back quickly ? How can I check the processing time? Thank you very much! :'(

judith47

Nov 19, 2013
hi i have the same problem i sent my passport to them nov 1st as requested, and i am suppose to travel tomorrow... this is just to overwhelming.... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

zgzjhzxhq

Nov 9, 2013
Hi guys, are you apply within Canada??? If you're applying through LA consulate in the US. I guess it may be faster...As far as i know, Ottawa is slower than NY is slower than LA.

Good luck everybody!!! I am in the same situation and I decided to mail my pp to LA... please update if you have good news :) :)

shellway1016

Nov 19, 2013
me too!!!!!
Nov 6th application approved
Nov 7th send my passport
Nov 8th passport received by ottawa cpp
Heard nothing since then.

I have a flight next wed....i heard we could email them about the situation but could not find the email address. anyone with any idea? Thanks!!

ganglix

Nov 19, 2013
hope this helps

I sent my passport on Nov5, and Ottawa-cpp received on Nov6,

I could not track anything since yesterday(Nov 18).

Then I sent an email to them to tell them that I have a flight soon and so on.
email:CPP-CTP-OTTAWA-TRV-VRT@cic.gc.ca

This evening(Nov 19), the tracking shows that the xpress has been sent!

Akatsuki

Nov 19, 2013
thank you so much for all the informations and suggestions!

I called the call center yesterday and the agent said i can only send email to CPP ottawa for further information...
so I'll write to them to explain my situation and hoping to get my passport back soon.

Wish you all good luck!

Akatsuki

Nov 19, 2013
finally good news! after sending email to CPP Ottawa yesterday , I got my passport this morning (as Montreal is not far from ottawa :)
the only thing weird is the tracking number of my return envlope doesn't work...always not in the system even after delivery.

so:
Nov. 5 passport require
Nov. 6 passport received by CPP ottawa
Nov. 20 sending email to CPP requesting passport return
Nov. 21 passport back

shellway1016

Nov 19, 2013
congrat!!!

i sent two emails to them already requesting my paasport but still can not see any change in the tracking system.Hope mine will come soon~

shellway1016

Nov 19, 2013
thanks for your suggestion| I have already sent the email to them. This is so weird since some of my friends get their passport back within a week!

ganglix said:
hope this helps

I sent my passport on Nov5, and Ottawa-cpp received on Nov6,

I could not track anything since yesterday(Nov 18).

Then I sent an email to them to tell them that I have a flight soon and so on.
email:CPP-CTP-OTTAWA-TRV-VRT @ cic.gc.ca

This evening(Nov 19), the tracking shows that the xpress has been sent!

shellway1016

Nov 19, 2013
I have some good news too!!! just received an email from ottawa cpp saying that my passport has been sent out today. it is espresspost so should be able to get it tomorrow! finally can catch my flight next wed!