jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Parents applied for visitor visa, got pass request. But my father mistakenly signed mother's passport!!! What should we do know? Get a new one? Strike out and sign again?
Poease advise!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Parents applied for visitor visa, got pass request. But my father mistakenly signed mother's passport!!! What should we do know? Get a new one? Strike out and sign again?
Poease advise!
Pretty unusual case :)

Do get a new passport within the 30 days passport submission deadline for the TRV

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You can keep the same passport, it's not the end of the world .
Otherwise you need to apply for another visa and timensnd money consuming process
The OP's dad cannot sign a critical document like his mom's passport. It is fraud and impersonation

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
It's not fraud ,because he did a mistake by singing the wrong passport ,I mean mistakes can happen.
Otherwise the passport is legit.
The passport is not legit. Nor will the passport authorities view it as a *mistake* even if it was unintentional.

A passport is a very critical/important document. Going forward, the OP's mom could face issues as the signature on her passport would not match those of her other IDs/other documents.

Also, the signatures on the passport does not match the one on her visa application form. This could create additional issues

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To update people potentially having the same situation:

1) We crossed out father's signature (on mom's passport) and mom signed next to it with a different color pen.
2) Sent the passports to pick up Visas. Visas were issued without any problem.
3) They arrived in Toronto just today!

Not an ideal scenario for sure, but looks like they overlooked it :)