+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT / PASSPORT REQUEST IN ANOTHER COUNTRY

mmusenna

Jan 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

I applied for spousal open work permit in Turkey and my application wasn't resulted when I was in Turkey. And I entered Canada on December 28th, with my Tourist Visa because my wife's school starting date was approaching. And on January 3rd, my work permit application has been approved and I have received a message from IRCC that my original passport is required for my work permit to be issued, and I need to send my passport. Under these circumstances, how can I get my Work Permit? I am currently in Canada and It's little hard to send my passport to Turkey. Do I have any chance to handle this situation within Canada? I had asked one of the officers at Toronto Airport upon my arrival, and he said that I wouldn't need to send my passport, I could go to the USA and come back to Canada to get the work permit at the border instead. Can I get my work permit in this way? Or, how can I get my work permit when I'm already in Canada? Can I send my passport any place within Canada? I hope it's possible to get my work visa/permit within Canada.
Thanks