Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
Well organized Office.
Follow what they say, explain your situation and officers would do their best to meet your needs.
Here is my positive experience at the Vancouver Passport office today, hope this helps someone

Travel date: the second week of December 11-14-2022: Reached the Sinclair center around 8.30 AM (there is public (paid) parking behind the center - Granville street underground parking). Stood in not such a long Q, explained the situation (that after getting a passport we need to apply for Visa and the processing/wait time etc). The security/triage officer gave us a white ticket we were 14th and 15th and made us wait in a waiting room and was called in around 10 AM (guess the white ticket was for dropping off the document & pick up the passport on a later date, not sure). When our turn came, explained the situation, and showed the itinerary, the officer advised us to write a letter explaining the situation and gave us another token (guess for urgent).

Our turn came up around 11:40 and we were out by 12 . getting a passport on the 16th :) (within 24 to 48 hrs)

The explanation letter was the only extra document we were missing, which the officer gave us paper to write while we were waiting.

Shout out to the officer who processed our request, he was so quick (looked like he was in stealth mode lol, not one of those relaxed people behind the computer)

Reactions: Optymystyc

xt86

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
It's quite a farce Canada passport policies make you write explanation letters. IN most other countries, if you want urgent processing, you just pay the additional fee. So people can decide if they want to pay extra to get it faster, depending on the fee amount and their needs. They cannot be told that their explanation doesn't qualify for urgent processing. If Canadaian passport offices are afraid too many people will request urgent processing, they can simply increase the fee, such that they can handle the load of urgent processing request. And they will make more money, so it's a win-win for everyone.

Reactions: tgman

Optymystyc

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
File Transfer...
DM - 27th Aug 2013
Med's Request
Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
28th Oct 2013
Well organized Office.
Follow what they say, explain your situation and officers would do their best to meet your needs.
Here is my positive experience at the Vancouver Passport office today, hope this helps someone

Travel date: the second week of December 11-14-2022: Reached the Sinclair center around 8.30 AM (there is public (paid) parking behind the center - Granville street underground parking). Stood in not such a long Q, explained the situation (that after getting a passport we need to apply for Visa and the processing/wait time etc). The security/triage officer gave us a white ticket we were 14th and 15th and made us wait in a waiting room and was called in around 10 AM (guess the white ticket was for dropping off the document & pick up the passport on a later date, not sure). When our turn came, explained the situation, and showed the itinerary, the officer advised us to write a letter explaining the situation and gave us another token (guess for urgent).

Our turn came up around 11:40 and we were out by 12 . getting a passport on the 16th :) (within 24 to 48 hrs)

The explanation letter was the only extra document we were missing, which the officer gave us paper to write while we were waiting.

Shout out to the officer who processed our request, he was so quick (looked like he was in stealth mode lol, not one of those relaxed people behind the computer)
Hello, my experience is very similar to yours (as you explained above). The only difference is, I'm picking up mine this Friday (which is 2 days before my trip). My question to you is, did they ever call your references or guarantor? As I mentioned, pickup is in two days and they've yet to call my references or guarantor. It's a bit concerning. Care to share, please?

Thanks in advance.