+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Parents and Grandparent application question

MIMI226

Oct 15, 2017
Hi guys can you tell me if my mother in law was denied a tourist visa back in 2012 and we are now submitting the PR application on schedule A q 4 should we answer yes or no?

MIMI226

Oct 15, 2017
Also what courier do you guys use? Purolator said they don’t deliver to PO Box address, we’re mailing it to Ottawa.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
The wording is Have you .... ever:
d) been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificate de selection du Quebec (CSA) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canad or any other country?

So the answer is definitely YES if you are applying for your mother in law

Reactions: MIMI226

MIMI226

Oct 15, 2017
d) been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificate de selection du Quebec (CSA) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canad or any other country?

I don’t believe the wording says tourist or visitors visa actually... I need to go back and double check.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I don’t believe the wording says tourist or visitors visa actually... I need to go back and double check.
YVR123 quoted the question. If your mother doesn't disclose the TRV refusal, she can expect her PR app to be refused and to be hit with a 5 year ban for misrepresentation.

Reactions: MIMI226 and YVR123

MIMI226

Oct 15, 2017

So I wasn't referring to d) but actually e)... now that I looked again at the form I did not even register the wording of d) so THANK YOU for highlighting that question. I'm feeling overwhelmed just thinking if it was not mentioned our application would have been rejected :(.

MIMI226

Oct 15, 2017
Another question, are digital photographs of the photos being requested ok? We had my mother in law send us a digital copy and now concerned if we need the physical photos. Anyone know? Our deadline is fast approaching and I feel like I keep finding things at the last minute, really feeling like we should have hired someone for this.

We also have the signature pages signed already by my mother in law but have found spelling corrections or small missing information that was not included like my husbands UCI number from his Permanent resident card. I was going to attach the signature pages from what I thought was the final draft to the newly updated forms, is that going to be an issue?