+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent! Outdated passport submitted

zhenqiz

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
Hi all,

I've been waiting for my COOP work permit and today it finally starts reviewing my eligibility. However, as I looking at my application, I noticed one horrible thing: The passport I uploaded was an outdated version, which I used for applying the study permit last year. What should I do at this moment? How should I amend this mistake? Anyone in similar situation before? Any advice appreciated, thanks!

zhenqiz

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
Contact cic via their web form
I've done so. but that might take days for them to read my message. What if they make decision before seeing my submitted form? Will they ask me to upload the correct version or will they just reject me...

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
I've done so. but that might take days for them to read my message. What if they make decision before seeing my submitted form? Will they ask me to upload the correct version or will they just reject me...
The actually see the message, they just don't reply. I suggest write to the web form and attached the correct passport. If you did, no need to worry they probably saw it and updated it.

zhenqiz

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
The actually see the message, they just don't reply. I suggest write to the web form and attached the correct passport. If you did, no need to worry they probably saw it and updated it.
thx. I'm just worried that they make a decision before they can see my web form(where I attached the correct passport). If they're letting me uploading the correct doc in the system, that'll be fine, I'm just concerned if they rejected me directly.

zhenqiz

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
Thank you all, you guys are right, I got approved this morning without any trouble. So for future viewer, if you're in similar situation, don't be panic, you'll be fine

ak_47

Sep 16, 2018
Thank you all, you guys are right, I got approved this morning without any trouble. So for future viewer, if you're in similar situation, don't be panic, you'll be fine
Congratulation !!! Great news
So I want to understand when did you apply and when did you receive your biometric request ?
So they didnt ask for your current passport

zhenqiz

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
Congratulation !!! Great news
So I want to understand when did you apply and when did you receive your biometric request ?
So they didnt ask for your current passport
I'm applying within canada so biometric info isn't required. I applied on June 8th