+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: Original Lahore Police Certificate (Pakistan) in Black and White - cause for rejection?

tokyo_123

Nov 28, 2018
I received my police certificate from Lahore, Pakistan and it is in black and white. It states that this is a system generated document and does not require a stamp or manual signature (signature is electronic and in black, and the logo on the top left is also in black and white). Just a few months ago they were printing out certificates with the logo in color but they said this is the new standard and cannot change it.

I am now concerned if this would be a cause for rejection from CIC if they think I am uploading a black and white copy or a photocopy of the original, whereas I am not as the original itself is in black and white. Please advise what I should do.

sheri268

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
Oct2018
AOR Received.
Oct2018
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March2019
VISA ISSUED...
April 2019
LANDED..........
I received my police certificate from Lahore, Pakistan and it is in black and white. It states that this is a system generated document and does not require a stamp or manual signature (signature is electronic and in black, and the logo on the top left is also in black and white). Just a few months ago they were printing out certificates with the logo in color but they said this is the new standard and cannot change it.

I am now concerned if this would be a cause for rejection from CIC if they think I am uploading a black and white copy or a photocopy of the original, whereas I am not as the original itself is in black and white. Please advise what I should do.
Upload the pcc in original color whatever you received from Pak Police. Write LOE with PCC explain them why you are uploading black n white PCC

sam06

Aug 7, 2017

Hey. Can you please tell me did your PR process go smoothly? I also received black and white. Sign sign is black

tokyo_123

Nov 28, 2018
Hi,

I actually got mine re-done. After a lot of convincing, the police station basically said they didn't have a color printer which is why they couldn't provide a color copy of the certificate (which was pretty frustrating to hear after being told this is 'official policy'). So with some pushing, they got a color printer from another station and then re-printed it. When I got it re-done, the logo was colored and so was the emblem at the back. The signature was still in black as it was electronic. Didn't give me any issues going forward.

sam06

Aug 7, 2017
Hi,

I actually got mine re-done. After a lot of convincing, the police station basically said they didn't have a color printer which is why they couldn't provide a color copy of the certificate (which was pretty frustrating to hear after being told this is 'official policy'). So with some pushing, they got a color printer from another station and then re-printed it. When I got it re-done, the logo was colored and so was the emblem at the back. The signature was still in black as it was electronic. Didn't give me any issues going forward.
oh really? It is frightening. They told me it is an original copy and i submitted that. Should I get it re done?

Reactions: tar86

tokyo_123

Nov 28, 2018
You should be fine. Most people advised me to upload what I got and just explain it in an LOE (as also stated above). But I had some time so I asked for a color one. I am sure majority of people applying from Pakistan have uploaded a black and white one without questioning it. If you want to try, you could see if you could get it re-done and then maybe send it via the web form (not sure of how to upload documents after applying, you will have to look this up). But you may want to think about how this may confuse the officer as he might think the first one you uploaded wasn't real (even though it was). In my opinion, I would first ask around more Lahore applicants to see what happened with their application before taking any next steps.

tar86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Dubai
oh really? It is frightening. They told me it is an original copy and i submitted that. Should I get it re done?
Hello @sam06
what was the outcome of your PR application. I have also received black & white copy form Islamabad police.
Should I submit the same with a letter of explanation? of just black & copy is enough?