Urgent: Ontario Nominee Application form

pagarwal

Jan 15, 2015
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

My friends have received an Ontario PT and we're stuck while filling the nominee form:

1. Have you, your spouse or common-law partner, or any of your dependent children, already submitted or been included in an Application for Permanent Residence to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)? *
Query: My friend had applied for Canada PR in 2010- paper based. He received a rejection in 2010 just in 10 days. He does not have any CIC file number, but the documents returned to him have CIC Sydney stamp and date. He has some IMM case label mentioned on the form. We're confused if we should mark yes or No.

2. List any other names used including name at birth, maiden name, previous married name, aliases and nicknames. Provide details.
Query: His name is Dheeraj, however his birth certificate mentions Deeraj (H missing). All this other documents as well as his passport says Dheeraj. Should this be mentioned in the form?

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No to the first and Yes to the second (provided Ontario asks for birth certificate also;if not then No to the second as well).

pagarwal

Jan 15, 2015
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry, we're still confused. When he had applied and got rejected, why do we mark NO for the 1st question?

For the second question, yes Ontario is asking for birth certificate. Do we need to get a legalized letter to explain the same?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pagarwal said:
Sorry, we're still confused. When he had applied and got rejected, why do we mark NO for the 1st question?

Because you were never allotted a UCI which is the immediately next question if you answer Yes. The reason behind asking that question is to cross reference the current application with the one in the past. In your friend's case, the past application was sent back in 10 days possibly for being incomplete - there was no processing involved hence no UCI hence not required to be mentioned here. They can still choose to declare it but it makes no difference to their current application.

For the second question, yes Ontario is asking for birth certificate. Do we need to get a legalized letter to explain the same?

Yes. Either a legal name change document or a notarized affidavit which confirms that there are 2 known variations of the applicant's name on their identity documents along with evidence of those documents.

pagarwal

Jan 15, 2015
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Asivad,

The thing is it is actually not a name change. It's a spelling mistake and that too my friend realized it just yesterday when he pulled out his birth certificate for Ontario PNP. This spelling is not used anywhere else.

T365

Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
pagarwal said:
Thanks Asivad,

The thing is it is actually not a name change. It's a spelling mistake and that too my friend realized it just yesterday when he pulled out his birth certificate for Ontario PNP. This spelling is not used anywhere else.
Hi,

I just noticed you have 451 points. Haven't you got an ITA already? If so why are you still pursuing OINP?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pagarwal said:
Thanks Asivad,

I understand that. You understand that. Ontario might not take your friend's word for it so a notarized affidavit would help here.