+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: Online Study With Full Time Job

rajkumar patel

Jan 9, 2020
Hello,

As I'm enrolled in winter2021 intake (jan2021), and currently I'm doing my full time job in IT company so my question is that can i continue my full time job with my "Online study" ??, which will start on 10th January
My 1st sem is Online.

Waiting for your valuable answer.

Thanking you in advance.

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

As I'm enrolled in winter2021 intake (jan2021), and currently I'm doing my full time job in IT company so my question is that can i continue my full time job with my "Online study" ??, which will start on 10th January
My 1st sem is Online.

Thanking you in advance.
If you are studying from your home country, then you can continue working. You have to declare global income in Canadian tax returns and pay appropriate taxes.

If you are physically present in Canada, then you can work only if that company doesn't have Canadian branches and doesn't cater to Canadian customers.

rajkumar patel

Jan 9, 2020
If you are studying from your home country, then you can continue working. You have to declare global income in Canadian tax returns and pay appropriate taxes.

If you are physically present in Canada, then you can work only if that company doesn't have Canadian branches and doesn't cater to Canadian customers.
Very informative answer.

Company have clients in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia and Africa. Soo i think you have good information regading this can you pls message me on my mail id is:
rajpatel99ladol@gmail.com

I want talk wity you.

sumeetpingale

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,

My 1st sem is Online.

Thanking you in advance.
How do you clarify doing a full-time job (whether from Canada or outside) while applying for Express Entry later? And I am sure this experience will not be considered for EE.

Amit_T

Dec 1, 2020
@rajkumar patel - I am facing same dilemma. Were you able to clarify this query in detail that whether we can work full time and take online classes from India. Let me know.
Yes. They have no constraints on working full time outside Canada while doing full time study. We even clarified with university, they were fine too. IRCC tweeted about it some time back, sorry can't remember the exact words.

Saba@07

Jul 20, 2021
Yes. They have no constraints on working full time outside Canada while doing full time study. We even clarified with university, they were fine too. IRCC tweeted about it some time back, sorry can't remember the exact words.
So you mean that, full time job (India) is acceptable with full time online program from Canada and One not face issue in future under PR/ PGWP process. Also study stand valid and give Canadian education point in EE? Also the job experience will be count at the same time in EE as per IRCC?
Please advise

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
So you mean that, full time job (India) is acceptable with full time online program from Canada and One not face issue in future under PR/ PGWP process. Also study stand valid and give Canadian education point in EE? Also the job experience will be count at the same time in EE as per IRCC?
Please advise
1. If you complete your studies online, you can still be eligible for PGWP.
2. If you complete your studies online, you won't get points for Canadian education in EE.
3. Job experience while studying online in Canada will be valid and can be used on your PR application.

Saba@07

Jul 20, 2021
although it is full time it cannot be considered as Canadian education in PR as government itself changed the mode of study to Online

devjit1234

Sep 23, 2021
I am in Canada right now on Study Permit till July 2022.

Query: Working in India during Canadian Online Studies in India be an issue while applying to PGWP or Federal skilled or New Graduate PR programs.

I had applied for a 2 years Canadian course in 2020.
Got an AIP approval for Canada online study in Aug 2020.Online classes started in September 2020.
Got Study visa in April 2021 after completing 2 semesters online from India.

I wasn't sure of the grant of the Visa, so I continued full time working as a software engineer till my passport stamped date.
I travelled Canada in July 2021.Exams completed in November 2021.

Please suggest if this work experience during online studies be considered against the eligibility criteria can be mentioned or claimed illegal.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am in Canada right now on Study Permit till July 2022.

Query: Working in India during Canadian Online Studies in India be an issue while applying to PGWP or Federal skilled or New Graduate PR programs.

I had applied for a 2 years Canadian course in 2020.
Got an AIP approval for Canada online study in Aug 2020.Online classes started in September 2020.
Got Study visa in April 2021 after completing 2 semesters online from India.

I wasn't sure of the grant of the Visa, so I continued full time working as a software engineer till my passport stamped date.
I travelled Canada in July 2021.Exams completed in November 2021.

Please suggest if this work experience during online studies be considered against the eligibility criteria can be mentioned or claimed illegal.
You were not in Canada but working in India so not an issue.