+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: OINP - T4 Statement ???

mikek27

Oct 15, 2014
Hi Guys,

So i'm currently awaiting AOR for an application I submitted a few weeks ago.
The stream is Human Capital Priorities - Federal Skilled Worker.

My question is regarding the employment verification:

I've submitted a reference letter for all foreign and canadian jobs I've had along with paystubs for them.
However, I've just re-read the application guide and it says that you have to submit T4 statements for the canadian jobs ? I somehow missed this and I"m not even sure my employer will give it to me.

I qualify for FSW even after excluding my canadian jobs, so i didn't really need to include it in the first place.

Aside from that , my application is pretty much complete. So will OINP return my application for the T4 ???? Has anyone gotten their application returned because of that specific reason ? If yes do they give u a chance to return it with the completed stuff or do you have to re-create your EE profile to get another PT ???

shdhsjej

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2015
I dont think so that will be an jasue, as long as you have your pay stub that will be fine, but do you have any T4 available for your Canadian job??

mikek27

Oct 15, 2014
shdhsjej said:
I dont think so that will be an jasue, as long as you have your pay stub that will be fine, but do you have any T4 available for your Canadian job??
No , I will have to request it from my employers here (2 of them).

But I can do that for if I get an AOR.

My concern is that they won't even give me an AOR because they'll count the T4 as a missing document...

shdhsjej

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2015
Since when you are working in Canada?

mikek27

Oct 15, 2014
kat_jack said:
You can get your T4 from CRA .
Thanks for that !

But if I don't have it in my original app package sent, will they return it ? Eveyrthing else is complete.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
mikek27 said:
No , I will have to request it from my employers here (2 of them).

But I can do that for if I get an AOR.

My concern is that they won't even give me an AOR because they'll count the T4 as a missing document...
You don't have to "request" your T4, it is required by law to be issued no later than the end of February for the previous year, if you earned more than $400 and statutory deductions were taken out of your pay. They will probably be mailed to you. (you can also get them from the CRA if your employer has filed it ).

I would expect that OINP, like CIC/IRCC, are aware of when T4s are issued, and that you might not have received them yet for 2015. Send them when you get them, it should be OK.

shdhsjej

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2015
It will be fine, Coz Employer has to give T4s to their employees before 28th Feb...!! Adn if you have already applied without T4 then its fine...!! Coz you have an excuse that you didnt got the T4 from your employer for the year of 2015...!!!

mikek27

Oct 15, 2014
Yea hopefully it will be fine. I"m just not sure as it's part of the checklist and also in the application guide.

I emailed them and they've just basically copy and pasted that whole paragraph from the application guide in the reply lol...