+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: NOC Code Question - Tax Administrator Position

simrattinnacv

Apr 29, 2020
Could someone kindly assist me ascertaining the NOC code for my position Tax Administrator with a Trust company.

The main duties include preparing tax returns, maintaining taxation records for individuals, estates, trusts and charities.
I also prepare financial statements that accompany tax returns submitted to the CRA. Another responsibility of mine is to analyse client's taxation position and financial statements and provide tax solutions.
I also train new and seasonal staff.

I would like to go with NOC 1111 as I believe it is the closest match. However, I am not a CPA and I wonder if that being an employment requirement for the NOC would be issue.

Kindly, assist.

Thank you!

Partyman90

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Could someone kindly assist me ascertaining the NOC code for my position Tax Administrator with a Trust company.

The main duties include preparing tax returns, maintaining taxation records for individuals, estates, trusts and charities.
I also prepare financial statements that accompany tax returns submitted to the CRA. Another responsibility of mine is to analyse client's taxation position and financial statements and provide tax solutions.

I would like to go with NOC 1111 as I believe it is the closest match. However, I am not a CPA and I wonder if that being an employment requirement for the NOC would be issue.

Kindly, assist.

Thank you!

You can look into the Accounting Technician/Bookkeeper NOC Code

Rocco

May 25, 2020
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
Feb 13, 2020

Kindly, assist.

Thank you!

Do you find the answer to your question? I am seeing conflicting answers everywhere.

deanj

Star Member
May 27, 2020

Kindly, assist.

Thank you!
From what I am aware you don't need to be a CPA to use NOC1111. I used the same for my PR application and I am a US/Canadian tax preparer and I do not have a CPA. Also, it is in line with the NOC code used on my work permit application previously.

Suresh R

Oct 25, 2022
Hi All,

I have received a job offer which is a 6-month contract role. The role is (Administrator, Tax). Below is the Job description. I am not able to find the NOC for this job role. It would be great if someone could provide insight on the NOC level.

• verifies and remits withholding taxes to CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) and IRS (Internal Revenue Service) on a timely basis
  • Follows the guidelines of government tax authorities or company tax professionals, responds to tax related inquiries from clients and other departments.
  • At year-end the incumbent is responsible for extracting and balancing tax forms for mailing and filing to the tax authorities.
  • Ensure that client dividend/interest payments are balanced on the system and that year-to-date totals are correct on an ongoing basis.
  • Consult with the staff of Income Disbursement and Investor Correspondence to ensure tax adjustments are complete and accurate.
  • Submit Receiver General payments to Revenue Canada by the 15th of each month.
  • Forward IRS tax remittances within established deadlines.
  • Complete monthly reconciliation of the NR Link 4 report to the Received General Cheque log (BRP log).
  • Complete monthly reconciliation of the Record Date list from Income Disbursement to the Link 4 Geo by Currency Link 4 summaries.
  • Maintain tax files for all clients with disbursements with follow-up for tax direction/Officer Certificates/NR account numbers.
  • Participate in tax planning meetings.
  • Ensure compliance with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.