+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: No last name

Sam20901

Jan 1, 2019
I don’t have a last name (last name field is blank) in Passport and on PR, it currently shows my first name ( there is no first name and last name field). When Canadian passport is issued, do they keep format as same - Last name as blank or add LNU or FNU there? This is urgent as my name on air ticket will not match if they put LNU. Any one has same experience? Reply ASAP.

Note: This question was never posted before.

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014

Sam20901

Jan 1, 2019
According to the CIC website, give the First Name in 'Last Name' column http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4
Did you already book tickets?
Yes, I did as my travel cannot be moved and there was no mail from immigration that time.

After checking with airlines, I do not need to cancel and rebook flight as XXX in first name (which is what Canadian passport generally has in place of FNU) is still no valid name and is similar to blank

kh7777

Jul 1, 2022
I have a similar question. My Canadian passport has surname of "Kim Shua Tan" and given name of "XXX", which means empty given name. In reality, my first name should be Kim Shua and last should be Tan.

Can I book my flight ticket with Kim Shua as first name and Tan as last name? I do not want to book the ticket with my first name as XXX.

CanEuro

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Can we request not to put XXX and leave it blank? Anyone tried asking the agent while submitting the application for passport?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have a similar question. My Canadian passport has surname of "Kim Shua Tan" and given name of "XXX", which means empty given name. In reality, my first name should be Kim Shua and last should be Tan.

Can I book my flight ticket with Kim Shua as first name and Tan as last name? I do not want to book the ticket with my first name as XXX.
Really a question for the airline.

Long term, if you want to have it reflected properly everywhere, do a legal name change.

kh7777

Jul 1, 2022
Really a question for the airline.

Long term, if you want to have it reflected properly everywhere, do a legal name change.
Say my passport has a different name from my flight ticket and I travel to Taiwan, when I enter Taiwan, will the immigration officer from Taiwan ask me to show my flight ticket? Which then the officer will notice different name between flight ticket and passport. I want to do a name change in the long run, it's just passport application takes forever in Canada now.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Say my passport has a different name from my flight ticket and I travel to Taiwan, when I enter Taiwan, will the immigration officer from Taiwan ask me to show my flight ticket? Which then the officer will notice different name between flight ticket and passport. I want to do a name change in the long run, it's just passport application takes forever in Canada now.
I'm not aware that immigration officials anywhere care that much what is on the ticket. But ask your airline.

shunjaruff

May 7, 2018
Anyone recently traveled from India with blank last name situation? What did you put while booking tickets? Any help is much appreciated. My situation-
Passport:
First Name: Xxxx Yyyy
Last name: blank

thanks

Graykoala

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Anyone recently traveled from India with blank last name situation? What did you put while booking tickets? Any help is much appreciated. My situation-
Passport:
First Name: Xxxx Yyyy
Last name: blank

thanks
I would suggest. Call the airline you want to travel with. This depends on airline policy. Every airline has their own guidelines for booking a ticket with no last name persons.

Reactions: armoured

shunjaruff

May 7, 2018
I would suggest. Call the airline you want to travel with. This depends on airline policy. Every airline has their own guidelines for booking a ticket with no last name persons.
Thanks for the swift reply. I am just trying to find someone with exp with Air Canada.
As per their suggestion I booked ticket like

Xxxxxyyyyy Lnu
(Notice no space between xxxx and yyyy as aur canada doesn’t allow space in first name)
So just checking here if someone had something like this done and it went smoothly as you can see it is not an EXACT match of the passport

Graykoala

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Thanks for the swift reply. I am just trying to find someone with exp with Air Canada.
As per their suggestion I booked ticket like

Xxxxxyyyyy Lnu
(Notice no space between xxxx and yyyy as aur canada doesn’t allow space in first name)
So just checking here if someone had something like this done and it went smoothly as you can see it is not an EXACT match of the passport
That’s not an issue, it’s their format and this need not be match exactly with your passport. I have travelled air Canada without any issues.