+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent!!Need Medical Exam for LCP application in BC or not

victoria11

Jul 14, 2011
Hi, Seniors:

I read the instructions on CIC website and Seattle Visa website_One says doesn't need to do the medical exam before sending the applications. The other visa offices states as a LCP must do the medical exam and sent them along with application .

I have been working as LCP for 1 year in Canada and now still resides in Canada, here is my question
(1) Do I need to do the medical exam and how much will it cost in Canada?
(2) Do I need to wait get any file number from Visa office before I do the medical exam?

Confusing and phone is always busy....

Please assist if you could..

Vic

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Normally Seattle will communicate with you regarding the need for the medical exam or whatever additional documents need to be provided. But you can send the med results (actually copy of the doctor's certification that you have undergone medicals with them; the DMP will send the results).

List of DMPs:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=2042&ProvID=15210&ProvinceName=British%20Columbia&CountryName=Canada

victoria11 said:
Hi, Seniors:

I read the instructions on CIC website and Seattle Visa website_One says doesn't need to do the medical exam before sending the applications. The other visa offices states as a LCP must do the medical exam and sent them along with application .

I have been working as LCP for 1 year in Canada and now still resides in Canada, here is my question
(2) Do I need to wait get any file number from Visa office before I do the medical exam?

Vic

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

victoria11 said:
Hi, Seniors:

Vic
No, as you had a medical exam to get the LCP, you don't require another. Page 8 of the instructions http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5290E.PDF

victoria11

Jul 14, 2011
Thanks for the help and I am not applying for PR right but LCP program. I did pass medical exam before I came to Canada in 2009 as a study permit and obtain the work permit as LCP(Temporary worker program). That is why I reapply the LCP program so I will be eligible to apply PR after 2 yrs working.

So the right way to do this is still doing the medical exam and send the result along with the application form to seattle, right?

Vic

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Hmmm I am not sure. You can call CIC and ask if you still need to send in medicals if you're applying under the LCP but have submitted medicals when you first worked as caregiver-TFW . Could save you about $200.00 for the medicals. Call early o you could talk with an agent.

victoria11 said:
Thanks for the help and I am not applying for PR right but LCP program. I did pass medical exam before I came to Canada in 2009 as a study permit and obtain the work permit as LCP(Temporary worker program). That is why I reapply the LCP program so I will be eligible to apply PR after 2 yrs working.

So the right way to do this is still doing the medical exam and send the result along with the application form to seattle, right?

Vic