+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent need help

khan5858

Mar 9, 2014
Positive lmia can be re apply again as my previous one got expired in may last year. As my express entry application got rejected cuz I couldn't prove my relationship. I need to know can I apply for lmia again in order to apply for Express entry again.

congraservices

May 25, 2018
you cannot extend an LMIA that expired in May last year. Your employer would need to re-apply for a new LMIA and do recruitment and advertising again following the same procedures as before from the beginning.

khan5858

Mar 9, 2014
My 1st lmia came in 3 months period including advertising. And my permit going to expired in 5 months. So the process of filling a new lmia can change as cic is unpredictable. Though I have a very strong financial employer so what to expect if my permit expires and it come later on.

congraservices

May 25, 2018
For high-wage LMIA, advertising has to occur for 3 month before even applying so the timeline has definitely changed. It is 80 business days processing time for high-wage LMIA stream and 49 business days processing time for permanent residence stream. Unless you are in the top 10% wage earners or your occupation is on the demand list for 10 day processing, you can expect the positive LMIA issuance to take more then 5 month. If you have a file number for LMIA that has been filed but a decision has not been made yet, you can apply for a work permit extension with a file number only. It has worked for me a couple of years back. They will not issue a work permit until a decision has been made on the LMIA though. It would just stay in processing until LMIA is approved or be refused if LMIA is refused.