+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent- Need Help

chandnigupta4

Dec 26, 2013
Hi!
There is an urgent information that I am seeking for. My spouse has submitted application for my sponsorship to canada under family category. I am currently in Canada on tourist visa. I have got an email from the Indian visa processing centre that I should submit my passport (but the email does not mention the time frame for such submission) for the purpose of immigration processing. My query is that, can I submit my passport in canada, since i am in Canada at this time, or do i have to go back to India for the submission of the passport.
I have tried reaching the India processing centre through email and fax but with no response.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
chandnigupta4 said:
Hi!
There is an urgent information that I am seeking for. My spouse has submitted application for my sponsorship to canada under family category. I am currently in Canada on tourist visa. I have got an email from the Indian visa processing centre that I should submit my passport (but the email does not mention the time frame for such submission) for the purpose of immigration processing. My query is that, can I submit my passport in canada, since i am in Canada at this time, or do i have to go back to India for the submission of the passport.
I have tried reaching the India processing centre through email and fax but with no response.
Your passport must be sent to the visa office in New Delhi. I believe they normally give 30 days to do this, it's very strange that they didn't give you a deadline.

It is illegal to mail/courier an Indian passport anywhere outside of India, so you will need to look into how you can actually send it. If you know someone travelling to India soon, you can give them the passport and an authorization letter to take; they can they mail it once in India. You would then need to have someone bring it back to Canada in a similar fashion once the process is complete. If you can't do that, you must risk mailing it or take it yourself. New Delhi requests the passport quite early in the process and will hold on to it for many months, so if you return to India to mail it, you will have to stay there until your application is approved.