01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Ottawa10 said:
It's always good to have a few extra days as a buffer.
When was your convocation? The reason I am asking is that I remember reading on this form where someone got rejected because the only working hours that counts towards experience is the ones after the convocation.
That was before the rule changes in January 2013 - under the old rules, there were 2 streams, a foreign worker stream and a post-graduate stream, and post-grads could NOT count pre-graduation experience. Now there is ONLY one stream, and graduation date is no longer relevant. What does matter is employment experience that is not gained while enrolled as a full-time student, and (b) that you are authorized to work. Unfortunately, it is too soon to know exactly how VOs will interpret this, so if you can afford to wait, the advice to wait is good.

Also - for your letter of employment, be sure that it is dated AFTER you complete your year of employment...

unfrgvn

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Hello everyone,

Let me shed some information regarding this, as I have had this same situation (in a more exaggerated way) and had the opportunity to contact with the VO (Don't ask me how I did it but , I was fortunate enough).

So , here was my situation: Started working on 11 OCT 2011 (Full time) on an OFF campus work permit (registered as a Full time student although completed all my degree requirements). Received PGWP on 15 NOV 2012 (More than a year later). Convocation date 21 NOV 2012 (More than a year later). Applied on 06 DEC 2012 for CEC. So per many of your suggestions I was supposed to be refused having only 3 weeks of valid authorized work experience. However , this is not the case.

"See, the idea of this immigration is to take brilliant people from all over the world and to make use of them in Canadian Economy.So that they can contribute to this society. Now If I were a "manager" of Tim Hortons (My qualifying work experience) and having the same situation as I have mentioned above , I would have been rejected right away. No questions asked. But if you are an experienced professional having Canadian education and right now working in a field where it is very much in demand (say for example Oil sand researcher etc etc ) then they would review this situation in a more substantive way. They will weigh all the options and some how make it work for you (and ofcourse for Canada). So If I were an oil sand expert (my work experience) coming here and having the same situation mentioned above , I would have passed the Eligibility. Because some senior VO would review it based on the information I have provided and then come to a decision.

So depending on your situation applying with this scenario, may or may not bring positive outcome. It depends how valuable they think you are for Canada."

It is to be mentioned I am not an Oil sand expert and I am not at liberty to disclose this VO's Code/ identity in any way.

Thanks

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
unfrgvn, so was your application approved at the end?

sorry to say but the RULES are clear and the visa officers apply them equally to everyone(they use operational manuals to process applications) if you meet the requirements (and im talking about CEC here) then it does not matter if you are a tim hortons manager or an oil sand expert.
i totally disagree with you and i ask you to have some respect for people who work on the food industry such as managers,supervisors,chefs,cooks...they are indeed needed here just like you and others so don't try value your self as a very big use to the canadian economy and degrade others.

unfrgvn

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Forgot to mention that the above quotation marked comments are not from me , hence it is in Quotation mark. The point he was trying to say was , if your application is absolutely flawless they will approve it, based on the manual. If there's a big hole in your application (like I had) then they will judge it based on substantive information they have and may or may not approve it.

These were not my comments that I conveyed here, Just trying to help the person to decide.

Sorry if I have hurt anyone

unfrgvn

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Well, My recent GCMS says Eligibility passed earlier comments in the notes section was pretty disheartening (Not approved for CEC/ review required etc etc.).

But now it says "Passed"- after it was reviewed by a senior VO.

Thanks

new_guy

Nov 14, 2013
Brampton
the answer is still unclear to me...

I did not take a single day off in my 1 year work experience.. '

Can I apply it on Dec 19 (received PGWP) or Dec 20 or wait one more week?

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
unfrgvn,no worries at all :)

im not hurt at all,i don't even work on the food industry but i was just saying.
i do understand your point now and i will be happy to say yes that applications with big hole will be judged based on substantive information provided.

good luck,i hope you have got your PR already or at least close to the finish line :)

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
new_guy,

one more time do not apply on dec 19,since you have waited for a year then be patient and wait for extra few more days and make sure your reference letter is dated not before dec 20.
better to wait a week or apply on the 19 then wait 10 months just to get rejected.
watch the cic website for the cap update under your noc code and manage accordignly

new_guy

Nov 14, 2013
Brampton
canadavisa13 said:
unfrgvn,no worries at all :)

im not hurt at all,i don't even work on the food industry but i was just saying.
i do understand your point now and i will be happy to say yes that applications with big hole will be judged based on substantive information provided.

good luck,i hope you have got your PR already or at least close to the finish line :)
yea right.. you cannot fight on my posts ;D :p

canadavisa13 Agreed.. but the CAP will not get updated by then and I will have no way of tracking the # of applications applied already... I will make sure that the letter is Dated on Dec 20 and can I apply on Dec 20 if not Dec 19 ? ???

unfrgvn

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
canadavisa13- Thanks that you are not hurt, I don't want to hurt anyone. It is not my mode of talking. But sometimes when we are facing the truth , it may be a bitter one.

I recently received MR and done with that, because having that big hole I also applied PNP. and got MR from that stream also.

It is not finished for me yest . and I am not taking any risk by withdrawing any one of my applications right now. Until one is finalized.

new-guy- I would suggest if you can spare 550 CAd , give it a try and hope for the best , if not try to be on the safe side. My scenario was just like that, and turned out okay. But also remember , about what I tried to say with applications with holes in it.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
you are welcome unfrgvn :)

new_guy,please stop asking repeated ridiculous questions,no one is going to make decisions about your pr application but yourself so deal with it.you have a pgwp valid till dec 2015 so you should have zero worries at this time about cap getting filled up.
if you do not like answers and advices from forum members,who have experience based on their own immigration application and what they have dealt with and seen in the past,then its better for you to seek a lawyers advice but remember its not FREE like here.

new_guy

Nov 14, 2013
Brampton
canadavisa13 said:
you are welcome unfrgvn :)

new_guy,please stop asking repeated ridiculous questions,no one is going to make decisions about your pr application but yourself so deal with it.you have a pgwp valid till dec 2015 so you should have zero worries at this time about cap getting filled up.
if you do not like answers and advices from forum members,who have experience based on their own immigration application and what they have dealt with and seen in the past,then its better for you to seek a lawyers advice but remember its not FREE like here.
yo yo yo relax!!!

no need to get frustrated. I apologize for this behavior however I just wanted to be 100% sure before I apply and avoid making mistakes.

Thank you for your help :)

rus66958

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
06-12-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2013
LANDED..........
11-12-2013
my application went through review as I was short of 8 days from employment reference letter and one day from convocation date.. i have sent my ppr... so its completly on VO's judgement...

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
new_guy,you are welcome and im always willing to help.im also very relaxed :)

the answer i gave you is 110% safe i wouldn't mislead you at all,and of course i want your application to get approved.