+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Need help on aboard PR card which will expire in a week, please!!!!!!!

darkangel

Jan 9, 2012
Hello, I really need a help on my situtation, thank you very much.

My PR card is going to expire on Jan 25th, and right now I am outside of canada, Is it possible to renewal my PR card outside of canada, because my husband and my son are canadian citizen, and my husband has a work permit in China.

Please some one help me out, million of thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, you can not renew it outside Canada. Next time you want to return, apply for a travel document at the Canadian embassy near you. Since you are a accompanying a Canadian citizen husband, you can not lose your PR due to residency requirements. Once you are back in Canada, you can apply to renew your PR card.

darkangel

Jan 9, 2012
Thank you so much for the advise Leon,

Just for further question, what if the PR card expired when the time me and my husband is planning to come back to Canada, will the Visa office still assign me the travel doc? and how delay can be my return date?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the PR card were not expired, you would not need a travel document to go back because you would use the PR card. The purpose of a travel document is that PR's who are outside Canada and PR card either lost or expired can get back to Canada.

You can leave this as late as you want to. Because you are accompanying your Canadian husband, you can not lose your PR due to residency requirements. For people who are not accompanying a Canadian citizen spouse, there is a 3 year limit you can be outside Canada in any 5 year period before you lose your PR but for you, that is not the case.