+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent!! need help for legal documents for a minor child

sashj

Jun 26, 2018
Hi everyone!

i am divorced women with girl child 8years now.. i remarried under legal marriage legislation . we have applied for PR . i am legally divorced but point my divorce paper has not written anything about the child and my ex husb has not asked about the child until now. i dont have any contact with my previous life since i am divorced i am taking entire responsibility of my girl child right from her birth and my second husband as well

question is what document i have to prepare for immigrating my minor child??
i have divorce copy and remarriage certificate with me.
i dont have any custody order neither my ex( first husband disappeared)

can anyone help me ??

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone!

i am divorced women with girl child 8years now.. i remarried under legal marriage legislation . we have applied for PR . i am legally divorced but point my divorce paper has not written anything about the child and my ex husb has not asked about the child until now. i dont have any contact with my previous life since i am divorced i am taking entire responsibility of my girl child right from her birth and my second husband as well

can anyone help me ??
Hi

You need either full legal custody of your child or permission from the father.

sashj

Jun 26, 2018
Hi
Thanks for the reply
is there any other document i can produce in spite of custody court order??
i dont know where my exists
how can i deal with this ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi
Thanks for the reply
is there any other document i can produce in spite of custody court order??
i dont know where my exists
how can i deal with this ?
The child cannot immigrate unless you show full legal custody. If you don't have that, you will need to go to court to get it.

Reactions: Bryanna and scylla

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi everyone!

can anyone help me ??
Not sure how the court granted you a divorce without an order about the custody of your child first. Normally, the court will ask if there are any children in the marriage and/or if alimony and child support are required before passing the final divorce judgement

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Was the child born when you were still married to your first husband and going through a divorce in the courts? If the child was born and he is the natural father, you would need something from official from the court stating you have full custody with the father having no access rights or permission from him to take bring your child to Canada. I can't see any other options apart from those.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Depends when first husband disappeared, you may want to declare his death at the court and obtain his death certificate.