+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent,NEED Help:about my son's qualification

Tim2005

Jan 29, 2018
Hi there:
My son is 13-years-old.He studied in Canada two yeas before.And then he returned to hometown with his mother.Now his PR Card is expired and he still outside of Canada.If fact,he will study in Canada in the coming September.I plan to submit my application of citizenship in March.Can i apply for him together?
Also,because he cannot meet the requirement of residency ,if i applied for him,is there any possible for him to lose the status of PR.
Thank you all.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
  • Minors are not subject to the language, residence and knowledge requirements that adults are subject to under the Citizenship Act. However, citizenship officers need to check whether the minors still have permanent resident status, i.e., they have maintained their permanent resident status. Identification, documents and prohibitions will be verified prior to the Oath taking, usually at the citizenship ceremony.
  • Permanent resident status is verified for all minor applicants and that status must have been maintained and there must be no unfulfilled conditions under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act related to their permanent resident status.

Reactions: Tim2005

Tim2005

Jan 29, 2018
Hi Qorax
Thank you so much for the answer.
I still have another question:
Does a person can submit the application for citizenship from outside of Canada?

Reactions: qorax

Tim2005

Jan 29, 2018
sorry ,i still have another question about the the ID for the minors.
Does an expired PR Card can be accepted?

Tim2005

Jan 29, 2018
Well.my son's(13 years old) ,his PR card expired, without MSP card. school report-card without picture.How can i do for his 2 ID?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Well.my son's(13 years old) ,his PR card expired, without MSP card. school report-card without picture.How can i do for his 2 ID?
Pls call up IRCC and seek assistance asap.

Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
  • Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays.
  • Services are available in French and English.