+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Urgent]Need advice- CEC Form

champ001

Sep 4, 2012
I have a query regarding background declaration form for CEC PR. One of the question in this form is - " Have you been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa...". Now, I had applied for PR few years back under FSW category but I could not provide all the documents within 120 days timeframe. As a result I got following email-

"A letter was sent to you by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia stating that your application was being recommended for further assessment. The letter from the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney provided you with 120 days from the date of the letter to submit a complete application, with all the required forms and supporting documents, to our office. You were also informed that if you did not do so within the 120 day deadline, we would complete the eligibility determination on the basis of the information on the file.

To date, you have not provided a complete application, with all required forms and supporting documents. Your eligibility has been determined on the basis of the information on file. There is not sufficient evidence to determine you are eligible, according to the Ministerial Instructions, to have your application placed into processing. This negative determination of eligibility for processing is final and your file has been closed."
Shall I reply "yes" to this-
"Have you been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa..."
and add explanation that I could not get the documents within this timeframe which resulted in rejection and attach mail from cic....or Shall I say "No" but add a letter saying that I am not sure if I should consider a negative determination of eligibility due to incomplete documents as "rejection" and attach this email from CIC..Please advise...

OHKIDDA

Star Member
Sep 1, 2012
I don't think so. You weren't even processed. So, I'd say unless CIC explicitly rejected your application, you should answer no, and including a letter to explain is smart.

champ001

Sep 4, 2012
OHKIDDA said:
I don't think so. You weren't even processed. So, I'd say unless CIC explicitly rejected your application, you should answer no, and including a letter to explain is smart.
Thanks!
Seniors please reply!

bradders

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Sept 2012
Nomination.....
23rd Aug 2012
AOR Received.
4th Nov 2012
Med's Request
8th Nov 2012
Med's Done....
16th Nov 2012
Passport Req..
20th March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
27th March 2013
LANDED..........
6th April 2013
I'll be interested to see the replies to this.

I just submitted an application for BC PNP, and I ticked "yes" in that box. The reason being that I originally came to Canada on a working holiday visa, which I tried to extend. That extension was denied on the grounds that I didn't have a job that would sponsor me. During that application for extension I found a job that was willing to sponsor me, so I got a sponsored work visa through my job.

But technically, I was denied an extension application, so I ticked yes! I didn't see the point ticking no, because when they pull up my file on their system, they'll clearly see a refused application!

Honesty is the best policy, right?!!

OHKIDDA

Star Member
Sep 1, 2012
bradders said:
I'll be interested to see the replies to this.

I just submitted an application for BC PNP, and I ticked "yes" in that box. The reason being that I originally came to Canada on a working holiday visa, which I tried to extend. That extension was denied on the grounds that I didn't have a job that would sponsor me. During that application for extension I found a job that was willing to sponsor me, so I got a sponsored work visa through my job.

But technically, I was denied an extension application, so I ticked yes! I didn't see the point ticking no, because when they pull up my file on their system, they'll clearly see a refused application!

Honesty is the best policy, right?!!
Of course. But I don't think tickign 'no' in his case and also explaining why is dishonest at all.

In your case, you were rejected. In his case, he wasn't even eligible to be processed.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
The file was not even put into processing, so I'd say "No", but include a letter of explanation to be on the safe side. You can also confirm with the CIC call centre.

champ001

Sep 4, 2012
SenoritaBella said:
The file was not even put into processing, so I'd say "No", but include a letter of explanation to be on the safe side. You can also confirm with the CIC call centre.
Thanks a lot. I don't think dishonesty etc is driving decisions in my case. Its more about distinguishing between black and white.
I am also trying to call CIC but agents are busy.

champ001

Sep 4, 2012
I decided to post it here[below] so that it can help others who might be in similar situation-

Called the CIC desk and after telling my situation, the agent told me that I should say "NO" because PR was not refused and add a note!

Thanks all!

champ001 said:
Thanks a lot. I don't think dishonesty etc is driving decisions in my case. Its more about distinguishing between black and white.
I am also trying to call CIC but agents are busy.