+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent! Mistake on COPR! Please kindly help!

amostpainfulwait

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2015
AOR Received.
08-07-2015
File Transfer...
27-07-2015; AOR2: 03-08-2015
Dear members,

My wife recently received her COPR from SVO. We noticed a mistake on the COPR where, under my information (the sponsor), the address is incorrect. The address they put is the address of our representative, the law firm we used. I know we put the mailing address to be the law firm's address (in IMM 0008), but in my sponsor questionnaire form (IMM 5540), the address was my address. Now, we don't know what to do. I've read that we may need to send our passport and COPR back to SVO for them to fix the COPR? Is this true? Does anyone know if this can be fixed during the landing interview with the current COPR (without the need to send the COPR back to SVO)? Did anyone else see this happen while using a representative?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

amostpainfulwait

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2015
AOR Received.
08-07-2015
File Transfer...
Thanks for your input!

What confuses me though is that the letter with the COPR mentions about what is to be done if the COPR has a mistake. It firstly mentions that the visa office be notified. Then it specifically states that "if the name or date of birth of any family member differs from the name or date of birth in that person's passport, or if the passport number or validity is incorrect", the passport and COPR should be returned to the Sinapore visa office for correction. However, there is no specific mention of returning the passport and COPR for an address mistake. The thing is our tickets have already been bought before we noticed the mistake. I am not sure if we will be able to get back her passport and COPR from the visa office after the correction in time.

In either case, I'm guessing the visa office should be made aware of this? Comments, ideas, suggestions? Thanks!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Read this. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob545-mod.asp
They can make some corrections and address changes at the time of landing.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
amostpainfulwait said:
In either case, I'm guessing the visa office should be made aware of this? Comments, ideas, suggestions? Thanks!
There is no need to notify the VO or return the COPR. CBSA can correct that when landing.

amostpainfulwait

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2015
AOR Received.
08-07-2015
File Transfer...
Okay we will notify them during landing then. Thank you everyone!

allah amar rob

Star Member
Jun 23, 2015
amostpainfulwait said:
Dear members,

My wife recently received her COPR from SVO. We noticed a mistake on the COPR where, under my information (the sponsor), the address is incorrect. The address they put is the address of our representative, the law firm we used. I know we put the mailing address to be the law firm's address (in IMM 0008), but in my sponsor questionnaire form (IMM 5540), the address was my address. Now, we don't know what to do. I've read that we may need to send our passport and COPR back to SVO for them to fix the COPR? Is this true? Does anyone know if this can be fixed during the landing interview with the current COPR (without the need to send the COPR back to SVO)? Did anyone else see this happen while using a representative?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
yes u don't have to inform them now.since its a address mistake this can be corrected at the time of landing.nothing to worry about.

a0

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had our consultant's address on my COPR and I didn't see it as a mistake. At the time of landing I was asked about that address and I said that it's our consultant's office and that I'd like them to send my PR card to that address. But if I wanted to change it, there would be no problem either, so don't worry.

Aua8888

Sep 22, 2015
a0 said:
I had our consultant's address on my COPR and I didn't see it as a mistake. At the time of landing I was asked about that address and I said that it's our consultant's office and that I'd like them to send my PR card to that address. But if I wanted to change it, there would be no problem either, so don't worry.
My COPR has old address of my sponsor on it . My husband has moved to another address after i got my COPR so is it any problem likemy COPR contains wrong address , i am very worrieda nd i am about to land after a week

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aua8888 said:
My COPR has old address of my sponsor on it . My husband has moved to another address after i got my COPR so is it any problem likemy COPR contains wrong address , i am very worrieda nd i am about to land after a week
Don't worry, it is not important. Happy landings.