+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Medical Request - Spousal Sponsorship In Land Canada

kapatel

Feb 4, 2016
Hello,

I have applied for Spousal Sposorship In Land Canada PR application before 9 months in May 2017 and with that also applied for OWP for my wife.

Unfortunately, to get non health occupational option from work permit, my wife had to go through upfront medical exam in July 2017 and she went through all medical tests including x ray which required for PR application.

Now, today, she got another medical request to perform as a part of PR application.

So her upfront medical (performed to remove health occupation work from OPW) has not finished a year yet. Its only 8 months old.

My question is, do she really need to pass through all required tests again?

I really would like to save $450 bucks as I already paid for upfront in July 2017...

Is anyone passed through this situation, please let me know.

Thank You

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
You can use the same results from the previous exam. You can contact the physician and ask them to send the results again attached to the IME number CIC gave you in this recent request.

kapatel

Feb 4, 2016
R u sure, CIC officer will accept it? And after re-submission from Dr. how long it will take to get confirmed if is it received or not? Do I need to call CIC to get confirm that report submitted or not?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
R u sure, CIC officer will accept it? And after re-submission from Dr. how long it will take to get confirmed if is it received or not? Do I need to call CIC to get confirm that report submitted or not?
You need to respond to IRCC with a copy of the receipt from the medical. They will accept it for now; no one can guarantee that they won't request another medical if your app is still going to take awhile to be processed.

kapatel

Feb 4, 2016
You need to respond to IRCC with a copy of the receipt from the medical. They will accept it for now; no one can guarantee that they won't request another medical if your app is still going to take awhile to be processed.
Hi Canuck,

I called Physician and they said my wife has to do another medical for PR. Because they will not send existing to CIC as it is 8 month old now and was for OPW health condition removal purpose.

On CIC site, it says medical should not be more than 12 month old. I don't know why physician want us to re-do again. Just to earn money???

Is there any other way to sort it out this?

Thank you again for all ur help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Canuck,

I called Physician and they said my wife has to do another medical for PR. Because they will not send existing to CIC as it is 8 month old now and was for OPW health condition removal purpose.

On CIC site, it says medical should not be more than 12 month old. I don't know why physician want us to re-do again. Just to earn money???

Is there any other way to sort it out this?

Thank you again for all ur help.
The physician does not need to resend anything. As I already said, just send IRCC a copy of the receipt for the medical.