AOR Received.
05-05-2009
File Transfer...
13-05-2009
Med's Request
04-14-2010
Seniors/Experts/Members

We just got eligible to apply.

I am about to submit my citizenship application. I understand I've to do it by end of May.
SO please help me.

1. I had given TOEFL as a primary applicant in 2010 and got my PR in 2011 and migrated in 2011 end.
2. My wife did her DDS (Dentistry undergrad degree) in USA. She has a masters degree in India. Her TOEFL results are from 2007.

Can we file the applications in the next few days?

Thanks

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
martian said:
Seniors/Experts/Members

We just got eligible to apply.

I am about to submit my citizenship application. I understand I've to do it by end of May.
SO please help me.

1. I had given TOEFL as a primary applicant in 2010 and got my PR in 2011 and migrated in 2011 end.
2. My wife did her DDS (Dentistry undergrad degree) in USA. She has a masters degree in India. Her TOEFL results are from 2007.

Can we file the applications in the next few days?

Thanks
I am not sure whether TOEFL would be accepted or not.
Do you have anything else that you can submit as language proof for yourself?

Regarding your wife, DDS from usa and masters degree from India seems to be sufficient proof however the cic officer opening/checking your application would be able to determine if it is acceptable or not. However, does her Indian Masters Degree state "English Medium" on it. If not, its suggested to get the letter from the university/institute on their letterhead stating that the language of instruction was English.
For your wife, you can attach both the copies of DDS and masters degrees and if possible, also the marksheets of all semesters as well as english medium letter for indian masters degree.

I spoke to cic call centre before submitting the application and they said only the cic officer who opens the application package would be able to tell whether the language proof would be acceptable or not.

In my case, I provide copies of my bachelors and masters degree from india and also copies of marksheets of my bachelors degree and copies of transcript for my masters degree. I also attached copies of letter from my institute from where I did my bachelors on their letterhead stating that the medium of instruction was english and also I got a letter from the university from where I did my masters on their letterhead stating that the medium of instruction was english.

Once you submit your application, you would only be able to know if the language proof has been accepted when you receive AOR. If the application is returned stating that language proof is not acceptable then you might need to do CELPIP G LS(not academic version) or CELPIP G (not academic version) or IELTS General (not academic version)