+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - Lost PR Card/Need to apply for PRTD ASAP India

enthuuu

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Hello,

I landed in delhi today, and somebody stole my wallet with my PR card in it. My return flight to Tonroto departs on 13th Jan so I need to apply for PRTD ASAP. Could somebody please help with following:

1) I live in Madhya Pradesh so I am guessing I will apply at CVAC Delhi?
2) Since I am not in Delhi, I need to send my application package via mail - what is their full address ?
3) Apart from CAD 50, they mention service fee extra. How much exactly more do I pay ?
4) I will pay $50 via online, and include the receipt in application. However, how do i pay for service fee?
5) Any idea of processing times? I have a confirmed ticket for 13th Jan.

Many Thanks!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think you can make it. Either delay your flight to Canada or take another flight to USA and cross a land border by foot or car.

Reactions: Buletruck

Sanketp

Dec 30, 2017
Hello,

I landed in delhi today, and somebody stole my wallet with my PR card in it. My return flight to Tonroto departs on 13th Jan so I need to apply for PRTD ASAP. Could somebody please help with following:

2) Since I am not in Delhi, I need to send my application package via mail - what is their full address ?
3) Apart from CAD 50, they mention service fee extra. How much exactly more do I pay ?
4) I will pay $50 via online, and include the receipt in application. However, how do i pay for service fee?

Many Thanks!
Helloo
I m in same situation like u.
What u did in yr situation.
Plz let me know.
By one reply

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hello,

Many Thanks!
Here are all the VACs in India, with contact info: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/contact_us.html

There might be fees required for pre-paid express mail back to you, but not entirely sure on this.

You should contact the visa office to see if a 2 week turnaround time is possible. Some in other countries have received PR TDs back within a week, but this really depends on the specific visa office processing the PR TD. If you submit your PR TD app + passport, you are obviously stranded in India until you get at least the passport back.

As mentioned, an alternative to PR TD is to go to USA airport close to Canada, and cross via land border. For this no PR TD is needed, just passport + any other proof of your PR status is fine.

Fiddz

Feb 1, 2018
Hello,

Many Thanks!

enthuuu

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
You have to go and apply in person, there's no other way. Bring about INR 4000 with you, original passport and supporting documents.
Also, in case you had lost your card, file a FIR and bring a copy with you. If you don't, they will put your file aside for unforeseeable time.

Reactions: Fiddz

waiting prtd

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hello,

Many Thanks!
please update with your situation
thanks

Ravin76

Oct 4, 2018
Hi
I am in same situation with PR card lost. Can someone confirm if going to USA and traveling by land to Canada Border plus showing passport plus copy of Canada permanent residence card is enough to enter? I am in dire situation, please help.
Espe

Ravin76

Oct 4, 2018
Please share your experience as to what is the fastest want to enter back to Canada

Ravinder

Hello,

Many Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
I am in same situation with PR card lost. Can someone confirm if going to USA and traveling by land to Canada Border plus showing passport plus copy of Canada permanent residence card is enough to enter? I am in dire situation, please help.
Espe
Yes but you need to be in a private car.

enthuuu

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Hello,

Yes, going to USA and crossing border by car is possible. You will still need your landing documents. I am not sure if copy of PR card will work.
Not sure how urgent it is for you to come back but processing for PRTD can take more than a month. I know cases when PRTD had been approved in 5 days as well. One possibility to expedite the process is to contact your local MP. I actually contacted my MP's office and they connected to high commission to get my PRTD approved overnight.

Hope this helps.

Ravin76

Oct 4, 2018
Does anyone know what will the Border Security ask when i will go there without a PR card? How should i prepare myself for this situation?