+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - long wait in IP2 after adding spouse after my CoPR

sbodanapu

Nov 26, 2016
I have received my COPR in Mar 2017. But, due to change in my marital status, I was asked by CIC to send additional documents of my wife which I did on August 30,2017.. I have been in IP2 stage since September 05,2017 and there has not been any change in the status.

I have received a reply from Ottawa office that my application is still in progress on Nov 5, 2017. The recent news suggest that people are getting CoPR as quickly as possible. I am already worried about staying in IP2 for long.

I have already made plans for landing in Canada by February. I have quit my current job too. What is causing this delay. Please suggest

Reactions: Lonelywyf

onthebrink

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
21-06-2017
AOR Received.
24-07-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
02-09-2017
Med's Done....
08-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
I have received my COPR in Mar 2017. But, due to change in my marital status, I was asked by CIC to send additional documents of my wife which I did on August 30,2017.. I have been in IP2 stage since September 05,2017 and there has not been any change in the status.

I have received a reply from Ottawa office that my application is still in progress on Nov 5, 2017. The recent news suggest that people are getting CoPR as quickly as possible. I am already worried about staying in IP2 for long.

I have already made plans for landing in Canada by February. I have quit my current job too. What is causing this delay. Please suggest
We're sorta in the same limbo, in IP2, although we just got into that stage, rather quickly I might add, completely unexpected! We initially applied in May, app returned and resent in June. Medical was finally passed and background followed after within days. I had sent the FBI check upfront and Schedule A a few months ago so I wonder while waiting on some medical reports from the GP if they had already taken a look at it?

With all of the wait in between things before and now IP2 has started I've been on the hunt for an apartment hoping he'll be here for February or latest March. He has a line on a few job prospects and can transfer from his current employer from the US to the same company in Canada. I just don't want to secure the apartment too early if the next stages take a long time. It's a tough gamble!

sbodanapu

Nov 26, 2016
Can you please give your time line
We're sorta in the same limbo, in IP2, although we just got into that stage, rather quickly I might add, completely unexpected! We initially applied in May, app returned and resent in June. Medical was finally passed and background followed after within days. I had sent the FBI check upfront and Schedule A a few months ago so I wonder while waiting on some medical reports from the GP if they had already taken a look at it?

With all of the wait in between things before and now IP2 has started I've been on the hunt for an apartment hoping he'll be here for February or latest March. He has a line on a few job prospects and can transfer from his current employer from the US to the same company in Canada. I just don't want to secure the apartment too early if the next stages take a long time. It's a tough gamble!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

At this point I wouldn't call it delay. After 4 months I would say it would be longer than usual. There are only ever estimates when talking about immigration.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

This section of the forum is for Canadian citizens/PRs sponsoring their family members. You should be posting in the EE or Skilled Worker section.

Reactions: jptskt