waived
Passport Req..
June 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
planning march 2016
Hello fellows :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*:

I have a quick urgent question; i plan to land in Ottawa in March 2016, i am looking into tickets prices and need to make a flight booking, and i have a question, if my final destination is Ottawa, but will have to transit in Montreal or Toronto for a few hours, where will i start the landing formalities, will it be Toronto or Ottawa? by landing formalities I mean providing my visa, and apply for the PR and provide my proof of fund, etc etc

Appreciate the help of someone ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Thanks,

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Landing formalities will be done at the first airport you land at, even if in transit. I.e. In your case, Toronto or Montreal.

Make sure to leave ample time between arrival time at whichever airport you transit through & the departure time of your onward flight to Ottawa.

Starry_Night

Jan 20, 2015
Amman
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Rcvd on Oct 2, 2014
Doc's Request.
CC on Jan 7, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on Jan 21, 2015
Med's Request
April 26, 2015
Med's Done....
April 30, 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
planning march 2016
Lammawitch said:
Landing formalities will be done at the first airport you land at, even if in transit. I.e. In your case, Toronto or Montreal.

Make sure to leave ample time between arrival time at whichever airport you transit through & the departure time of your onward flight to Ottawa.
I cant thank you enough for your quick reply, can i bother you with a further question? you seem like someone who is already there - they will ask us for a mailing address to send us the PR cards at, we do not know what our mailing address will be, because we will rent a temporary accommodation and then look for an apartment. How will that work?
Thanks in advance.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can choose (the CBSA agent will ask you & give you the details on how to do so. If s/he doesn't do this: ask) to provide an address for your PR card delivery at a later time. Note that this will, of course, delay processing & reception of your cards.

If you have friends/relatives already in Ottawa, you can give their address.

(I am indeed already here :). Have been for --eek!! Years :D ).

kakarotson

Dec 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 - 09 - 2014
Doc's Request.
15 - 09 - 2014
Nomination.....
03 - 02 - 2015
AOR Received.
none
IELTS Request
submitted with application band 6.5
Med's Request
22 - 07 -2015
Med's Done....
20 - 08 - 2015
Interview........
Thank GOD its waived
Passport Req..
DECISION MADE 14 September 2015
VISA ISSUED...
THANK TO GOD!!!
LANDED..........
2016 definitely!
how about proof of funds? do they ask it to show proof?? cash or bank statement?

Starry_Night

Jan 20, 2015
Amman
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Rcvd on Oct 2, 2014
Doc's Request.
CC on Jan 7, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on Jan 21, 2015
Med's Request
April 26, 2015
Med's Done....
April 30, 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
planning march 2016
Lammawitch said:
You can choose (the CBSA agent will ask you & give you the details on how to do so. If s/he doesn't do this: ask) to provide an address for your PR card delivery at a later time. Note that this will, of course, delay processing & reception of your cards.

If you have friends/relatives already in Ottawa, you can give their address.

(I am indeed already here :). Have been for --eek!! Years :D ).
Thanks :) Have you been in Ottawa for years? is it a nice place for a family of three? i have made alot of reading and comparisons, but hearing from someone on the field is way muche better :) thanks in advance

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Starry_Night said:
Thanks :) Have you been in Ottawa for years? is it a nice place for a family of three? i have made alot of reading and comparisons, but hearing from someone on the field is way muche better :) thanks in advance
I've been in Quebec for years :), visit Ottawa & surrounding area frequently (friends live there). If I didn't have commitments here, I'd move to Ottawa area in a heartbeat!

Starry_Night

Jan 20, 2015
Amman
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Rcvd on Oct 2, 2014
Doc's Request.
CC on Jan 7, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on Jan 21, 2015
Med's Request
April 26, 2015
Med's Done....
April 30, 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
planning march 2016
Lammawitch said:
I've been in Quebec for years :), visit Ottawa & surrounding area frequently (friends live there). If I didn't have commitments here, I'd move to Ottawa area in a heartbeat!
im sorry im pushy, but this is going to be the last question :) do you like living in Canada so far? do you believe it was a good decision to move there?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not pushy, at all, but of course, any answer will be very subjective :).

I am content living here. I have a good life, although it has not always been easy. However I was already a fairly "seasoned" expat/traveller when I came here.

My children, who are now adults, love it, they are *so* Canadian now ;) :)!!

I found the first year quite easy: so many new experiences & new things to learn was exciting & occupied me. Years 2.5 to 4-ish were hard: the novelty had worn off, & I wondered whether I would ever adapt to the culture/climate/etc. if I had not had children who I did not want to uproot again, I might well have left.

I don't regret having moved here & stayed. Could I have been happy/had a successful time elsewhere? Yes, but I am very aware of how privileged I am to have a passport/nationalities which give me that choice.

Starry_Night

Jan 20, 2015
Amman
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Rcvd on Oct 2, 2014
Doc's Request.
CC on Jan 7, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on Jan 21, 2015
Med's Request
April 26, 2015
Med's Done....
April 30, 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
planning march 2016
Lammawitch said:
Not pushy, at all, but of course, any answer will be very subjective :).

I am content living here. I have a good life, although it has not always been easy. However I was already a fairly "seasoned" expat/traveller when I came here.

My children, who are now adults, love it, they are *so* Canadian now ;) :)!!

I found the first year quite easy: so many new experiences & new things to learn was exciting & occupied me. Years 2.5 to 4-ish were hard: the novelty had worn off, & I wondered whether I would ever adapt to the culture/climate/etc. if I had not had children who I did not want to uproot again, I might well have left.

I don't regret having moved here & stayed. Could I have been happy/had a successful time elsewhere? Yes, but I am very aware of how privileged I am to have a passport/nationalities which give me that choice. thank you for taking the time to me this detailed answer :) totally appreciate it

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kakarotson said:
how about proof of funds? do they ask it to show proof?? cash or bank statement?
Cash or bank statement (showing immediately accessible funds) is fine.

Sometimes CBSA don't ask about POF, but it *is* a requirement, so you need to have it with you. Note that if you are carrying 10k or more in cash, you MUST declare this, even if CBSA forgets to ask.

kakarotson

Dec 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 - 09 - 2014
Doc's Request.
15 - 09 - 2014
Nomination.....
03 - 02 - 2015
AOR Received.
none
IELTS Request
submitted with application band 6.5
Med's Request
22 - 07 -2015
Med's Done....
20 - 08 - 2015
Interview........
Thank GOD its waived
Passport Req..
DECISION MADE 14 September 2015
VISA ISSUED...
THANK TO GOD!!!
LANDED..........
2016 definitely!
thanks for clearing things out...

sanketmnaik

Feb 10, 2016
Hi,
I need your help!
I am a FSW holder, and gonna land for the 1st time this April.
I bought a connecting flight, which means I will first land in Montreal and have a stay of 2h40m there and then fly to my final destination ottawa, where I will be staying for the rest of my journey.

Unfortunately, right after flight booking, I got to know " If you first enter Canada at a port of entry in the Province of Quebec, you must have been accepted by Quebec and have a valid Quebec Certificate of Selection or be prepared to document your clear intention to reside in a province other than Quebec.
So my questions would be :
1. Must I go through my first-landing procedure in Montreal?
2. Are there any risks that I get rejected at Montreal simply because I have nothing but a fight ticket to ottawa and an address of my friend where I am going to stay?
3. What are the other documents should I submit to prove my intention to reside in ottawa?
4. Who can I resort to if other problems arise?

Answers from you all will be deeply appreciated.
Thank you