+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[URGENT] Is the Letter of acceptance must comply to IRCC guideline?

dandoh

Dec 9, 2018
I applied for my study permit to study Master of Computer Science at McMaster University on 6th November.

After 11 weeks of my online application, today I received the request letter saying I need an updated letter of acceptance. I find this very vague. I already included my letter of acceptance, why do I need another one?

After doing some research, I find the requirement for LOA here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/letters-acceptance.html

and Guideline how to make one here: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/pub/acclet-e.pdf

Compare to my offer letter, it seems like mine is missing my Date of Birth, is that why they need an updated LOA.

I emailed the administrator to tell everything and ask for one. Do you think they will do something about it?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I applied for my study permit to study Master of Computer Science at McMaster University on 6th November.

After 11 weeks of my online application, today I received the request letter saying I need an updated letter of acceptance. I find this very vague. I already included my letter of acceptance, why do I need another one?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/letters-acceptance.html

and Guideline how to make one here: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/pub/acclet-e.pdf

Compare to my offer letter, it seems like mine is missing my Date of Birth, is that why they need an updated LOA.

I emailed the administrator to tell everything and ask for one. Do you think they will do something about it?
Yes, my offer letter has my date of birth and I was wondering why. McMaster's should be able to easily correct that and send it. Hopefully, they send it soon otherwise your visa application will be declined. I wonder why they forgot that in the first place.

dandoh

Dec 9, 2018
Yes, my offer letter has my date of birth and I was wondering why. McMaster's should be able to easily correct that and send it. Hopefully, they send it soon otherwise your visa application will be declined. I wonder why they forgot that in the first place.
This is what written in the request letter:
LOA: An original letter of acceptance from the intended educational
institution Updated Letter of Acceptance This must be received at this office by:
2019/02/23
I honestly don't know how to interpret this message, is the "original letter of acceptance" (paper one) required? Or the Updated Letter of Acceptance? Anyone?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
This is what written in the request letter:

I honestly don't know how to interpret this message, is the "original letter of acceptance" (paper one) required? Or the Updated Letter of Acceptance? Anyone?
It might be better to wait for McMaster to reply, they would be knowing better. I don't think original is required since you scan and upload for online anyways. It's probably a generic message that they send, it mostly would be the date of birth which is a problem.

dandoh

Dec 9, 2018
It might be better to wait for McMaster to reply, they would be knowing better. I don't think original is required since you scan and upload for online anyways. It's probably a generic message that they send, it mostly would be the date of birth which is a problem.

So I found a place to replace my letter of acceptance here. Is there any chance they lost my letter of acceptance? Can I just re-upload my current letter of offer?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018

So I found a place to replace my letter of acceptance here. Is there any chance they lost my letter of acceptance? Can I just re-upload my current letter of offer?
You could do that, but at the same time if your current offer letter does not have the date of birth they why send it ? has Mcmasters got back to you ?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018

If you sent it offline it's very rare, but possible that it could have been misplaced. You have a month to upload so don't hurry since if they don't have the date of birth they will ask you to send another one again which will delay the process.

bigumobi

Feb 18, 2022

Hi, I'm facing the same problem. In my case, the University won't issue a new Letter of Acceptance with the required information. Did you manage to solve it?

raghupathy92

Oct 6, 2022
Hi , I too recived the same message from IRCC, Pls help. after uploading the requested document how long they take to reply back.??

raghupathy92

Oct 6, 2022
You could do that, but at the same time if your current offer letter does not have the date of birth they why send it ? has Mcmasters got back to you ?
Hi , I too recived the same message from IRCC, Pls help. after uploading the requested document how long they take to reply back.??

raghupathy92

Oct 6, 2022
Hi, I'm facing the same problem. In my case, the University won't issue a new Letter of Acceptance with the required information. Did you manage to solve it?

raghupathy92

Oct 6, 2022

bigumobi

Feb 18, 2022
Hi, instead of uploading the LOA again, I created a document with many suppositions.. like "Dear IRCC, in case the problem is my birth date, I contacted the admission office from the university, and they told me they do not issue another type of LOA as you can see proof attached; in case it is about the LOA expiration date, then see file X attached, etc, etc."

I uploaded this document on April 19th, 2022, and got the visa approved on June 3rd, 2022.

raghupathy92

Oct 6, 2022
Hi, instead of uploading the LOA again, I created a document with many suppositions.. like "Dear IRCC, in case the problem is my birth date, I contacted the admission office from the university, and they told me they do not issue another type of LOA as you can see proof attached; in case it is about the LOA expiration date, then see file X attached, etc, etc."

I uploaded this document on April 19th, 2022, and got the visa approved on June 3rd, 2022.

Thanks for the information. As per their request I have uploaded the defer LOA ....waiting for the result..