+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: INLAND SPOUSAL RETURNED + EXPIRED PGWP

forever1524

Sep 3, 2015
Hi all,

I took too much time to make my inland application as perfect as possible. Unfortunately it was returned and I am now out of status. (IMM5406 issue, I just submitted for myself, but it looks like they need the additional family information for my parents, and siblings older than 18 years).
What are my options, since I had previously submitted an OWP application & was in implied status.
Can I apply for a new work permit with my inland application even if I'm out of status?
Do I have to apply for ROS with my application, since I was on a PGWP?

Hoping you can give me some answers, much appreciated in advance.

babymistycat

Star Member
May 22, 2016
If you are implied status, you still can restore your status within 90 days after your visa expired and pay $200 restoration fee.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do they really ask for siblings? It says "family members" in the checklist which means no brothers or sisters.

forever1524

Sep 3, 2015
babymistycat said:
If you are implied status, you still can restore your status within 90 days after your visa expired and pay $200 restoration fee.
[/quote/]

Ok thanks, do I restore my status as a visitor or as a worker.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
forever1524 said:
(IMM5406 issue, I just submitted for myself, but it looks like they need the additional family information for my parents, and siblings older than 18 years).

What are my options, since I had previously submitted an OWP application & was in implied status.
Can I apply for a new work permit with my inland application even if I'm out of status?
IMM5406 is not required for parents and siblings in a spousal app, so you must be misunderstanding the reason for return. You need to understand the real reason or your app will just be returned again.

You can apply for Restoration as a worker. You can't work until you actually receive the OWP.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
forever1524 said:
Hi all,

I took too much time to make my inland application as perfect as possible. Unfortunately it was returned and I am now out of status. (IMM5406 issue, I just submitted for myself, but it looks like they need the additional family information for my parents, and siblings older than 18 years).

Hoping you can give me some answers, much appreciated in advance.
Could you please clearify the reason of returning the application?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
forever1524 said:
Incomplete application with the Additional Family members form highlighted.
IRCC is saying that you didn't compete it. Did you list all of your family members on the form properly?

forever1524

Sep 3, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
IRCC is saying that you didn't compete it. Did you list all of your family members on the form properly?
yeah I did. I will submit extra information this time with family information for everyone listed over 18.

Do you have any idea when it comes to Restoration Of Status, if it'll be for my PGWP or if I'll have to apply for a visitor visa.

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
forever1524 said:
yeah I did. I will submit extra information this time with family information for everyone listed over 18.

Do you have any idea when it comes to Restoration Of Status, if it'll be for my PGWP or if I'll have to apply for a visitor visa.
Your parents and siblings are not required to submit this form, so doing so won't correct the deficiency. You listed your spouse, parents, all siblings, all children, all step-children and completed all fields? Names are in both English and, if applicable, native language?

As I said, you will apply for Restoration as a worker. You will submit an OWP app and select both "Initial work permit" and "Restoration".

forever1524

Sep 3, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
Your parents and siblings are not required to submit this form, so doing so won't correct the deficiency. You listed your spouse, parents, all siblings, all children, all step-children and completed all fields? Names are in both English and, if applicable, native language?

As I said, you will apply for Restoration as a worker. You will submit an OWP app and select both "Initial work permit" and "Restoration".
Thank you so much. I'll take into consideration the information.

Please let me know if I will get a refund for the amounts paid, (PR application + OWP) or if that is lost since the application was incomplete.
Do I need to repay the entire amounts + $200 for ROS or can I keep my old receipts and just add the ROS fee.
Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
forever1524 said:
Thank you so much. I'll take into consideration the information.

Please let me know if I will get a refund for the amounts paid, (PR application + OWP) or if that is lost since the application was incomplete.
Do I need to repay the entire amounts + $200 for ROS or can I keep my old receipts and just add the ROS fee.
Thanks.
As the application was unprocessed, you need to just pay the Restoration fee.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
REPOSTING

Hi guys, I hope you can help me with this. I am in a similar situation now. I have already made the necessary changes to the form CIC required from me. I also changed my OWP application to add Restoration. However, upon completing my application, I came across this problem: How do I pay for the Restoration fee? I can't seem to find an option on the Online Payment service to only pay for that. I only found under Work Permit "Restore your status as a worker.. $355". I think I just need to pay $200 since CIC didn't process my returned application which I paid $255 for the work permit + open work permit holder fee previously. I found other options that's $200 but I don't want to make a mistake.