+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent info regarding SOWP from Germany

sandhu70

Dec 1, 2016
I will be applying for SOWP from Germany.

1. On the GC key portal, there is no separate place to upload proof that the spouse is employed in NOC 0, A, or B Job. Should I upload it in proof of relationship space along with the marriage certificate?

2. Proof of Funds:
There is no separate place to upload proof of funds. Should I upload it in the Client Information space?

3. Proof of Relationship:
Is a marriage certificate enough for proof of relationship? Many family friends applying from India told me to provide marriage pictures, social media posts, and chats. I have approved Visitor Visa in February 2021 but wasn't able to travel due to covid restrictions as my travel authorization letter got refused twice.

4. Dual Intent:
I have also applied under TR to PR under International Graduate as an accompanying spouse. We have not yet received our AOR for the application. So do I have to explain this dual intent?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I will be applying for SOWP from Germany.

1. On the GC key portal, there is no separate place to upload proof that the spouse is employed in NOC 0, A, or B Job. Should I upload it in proof of relationship space along with the marriage certificate?

2. Proof of Funds:
There is no separate place to upload proof of funds. Should I upload it in the Client Information space?

3. Proof of Relationship:
Is a marriage certificate enough for proof of relationship? Many family friends applying from India told me to provide marriage pictures, social media posts, and chats. I have approved Visitor Visa in February 2021 but wasn't able to travel due to covid restrictions as my travel authorization letter got refused twice.

4. Dual Intent:
I have also applied under TR to PR under International Graduate as an accompanying spouse. We have not yet received our AOR for the application. So do I have to explain this dual intent?
Proof of relationship should include proof of time spent together in person. Is this a recent marriage? Arranged ? Have you spent multiple times together living together other than when you got married?

Reactions: sandhu70

sandhu70

Dec 1, 2016
Proof of relationship should include proof of time spent together in person. Is this a recent marriage? Arranged ? Have you spent multiple times together living together other than when you got married?
We married in November 2020. Yes it is an arranged marriage. We stayed together for 1.5 months in India. Since we were students we came back to Canada and Germany. My passport is updated with spouse name and also we have aadhar card for my spouse with my name.

I applied for Visitor Visa and it was approved in Februray 2021. I was not able to travel because of covid restrictions.

So what documents should I submit as proof of marriage?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We married in November 2020. Yes it is an arranged marriage. We stayed together for 1.5 months in India. Since we were students we came back to Canada and Germany. My passport is updated with spouse name and also we have aadhar card for my spouse with my name.

I applied for Visitor Visa and it was approved in Februray 2021. I was not able to travel because of covid restrictions.

So what documents should I submit as proof of marriage?
The list that you already posted. Would also include proof of your time spent living together after your marriage. Of you went on vacation or stayed in a hotel together proof of that, pictures of living together, proof if you went on a honeymoon

Reactions: sandhu70

sandhu70

Dec 1, 2016
The list that you already posted. Would also include proof of your time spent living together after your marriage. Of you went on vacation or stayed in a hotel together proof of that, pictures of living together, proof if you went on a honeymoon
Thanks a lot. Can you please clarify my other doubts in the main post?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes up any proof. Your spouse should get a letter from their employer describing when they were hired, their hours, the duties required at their job, etc