+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Indian Passport renewal in Canada

Aparna Suresh

Jul 3, 2018
Hi,

My Indian Passport is expiring in August Last week and I am yet to get Canadian Address proof to process my passport renewal.

I landed in Canada as a PR recently and I don’t have any address proof as requested by BLS.I gave my G1 test and will be receiving the card by 2nd week of August.Home utility bills(Hydro,Water) are not in my name and they are not accepting Home Internet bills.

Could you please let me know if there are any other documents that can be used as address proof for my passport renewal.

Thanks for your help.

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Hi,

My Indian Passport is expiring in August Last week and I am yet to get Canadian Address proof to process my passport renewal.

I landed in Canada as a PR recently and I don’t have any address proof as requested by BLS.I gave my G1 test and will be receiving the card by 2nd week of August.Home utility bills(Hydro,Water) are not in my name and they are not accepting Home Internet bills.

Could you please let me know if there are any other documents that can be used as address proof for my passport renewal.

Thanks for your help.
Should have renewed passport before coming. It takes less a week in India. And it cheaper. BLS charges $103 (home delivered)
Anyways..they accept bank statement with your name and proof of address. If you have PR card, that is accepted too.
Alternatively as a last minute fix, You can goto the consulate (Suite 700, 365 Bloor st. East). Its right next to sherbourne station.
You can ask counsalate to help you out. Passport renewal will be done same day.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Note that you can also just provide your G1 temporary license (the one that you get on the spot) as address proof. It does not need to be photo ID.
Even if you wait for photo ID, there is no urgency (unless you need to travel internationally in between)

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi,

Thanks for your help.
You can renew within 1 year after expiry without any problem if you dont need passport urgently next month. So get the residence proof in few months and then renew. whats the hurry. You just need to fill additional form, thats all it takes. Passport renewal on time is not mandatory.
Refer the checklist. You will know.

goyalneha60

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Hi,

Thanks for your help.
Hi I need your urgent help. Can u pls help me too. I am flying to Canada on 1 Feb on urgent basis and passport is expiring on 23 Mar. I need to again fly back in March end so need to get my passport renewed as soon as I land. In documents, I just have PR card. No utility bills, no driving license, no Ontario photo card. Can u pls help if there is a way out. Thank you

goyalneha60

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Note that you can also just provide your G1 temporary license (the one that you get on the spot) as address proof. It does not need to be photo ID.
Even if you wait for photo ID, there is no urgency (unless you need to travel internationally in between)
Hi I need your urgent help. Can u pls help me too. I am flying to Canada on 1 Feb on urgent basis and passport is expiring on 23 Mar. I need to again fly back in March end so need to get my passport renewed as soon as I land. In documents, I just have PR card. No utility bills, no driving license, no Ontario photo card. Can u pls help if there is a way out. Thank you

goyalneha60

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Should have renewed passport before coming. It takes less a week in India. And it cheaper. BLS charges $103 (home delivered)
Anyways..they accept bank statement with your name and proof of address. If you have PR card, that is accepted too.
Alternatively as a last minute fix, You can goto the consulate (Suite 700, 365 Bloor st. East). Its right next to sherbourne station.
You can ask counsalate to help you out. Passport renewal will be done same day.

goyalneha60

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Hi Subodh
Is it correct that I can give this on the spot g1 also to passport office for my passport renewal? J's wanted to be sure as my passport is expiring next month n I have no address proof in Canada except PR card. N I also I have to travel asap internationally so J's looking forward a way to quickly renew my passport

goyalneha60

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Also can u pls confirm if there is mea attestation needed on marriage certificate as I got married so I will also need to put spouse name this time on my passport ? I tried e-sanad site but it doesn't show anything for marriage certificate.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi Subodh
Is it correct that I can give this on the spot g1 also to passport office for my passport renewal? J's wanted to be sure as my passport is expiring next month n I have no address proof in Canada except PR card. N I also I have to travel asap internationally so J's looking forward a way to quickly renew my passport
Your timeline is not urgent. You will be able to fly to Canada in Feb (or as late as may, or some say even on last day of your Visa) and then back to India in March and then you can renew your passport. No need to do it here.

On the other hand if you must renew it while in Canada (why?), temporary g1 is accepted but read above.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Also can u pls confirm if there is mea attestation needed on marriage certificate as I got married so I will also need to put spouse name this time on my passport ? I tried e-sanad site but it doesn't show anything for marriage certificate.
Mea attestation not needed, they will ask for marriage certificate and spouse passport page