+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Important Question Regarding Medical Report of Dependent in Canada

Bozica

Feb 2, 2009
Hi All,

We are in Africa and one our dependent daughter is a international student in Canada. We have been asked to proceed for medical examinations (applied under old system) and CHC has advised us that she has to be examined in Canada. The letter from Canadian High Commission says that all the medical reports should be sent to the CMO in Nairobi. But the DMP in Canada says that he can not send the medical report to Nairobi but wud send it to Ottawa as per norm and he is not allowed to send it any where else. We are in a big confusion. The report should be ready by this Friday, hopefully.

Please advise us, where the report for my daughter should be sent? We are seriously worried as it might delay the whole processing. Serious replies welcome please.

Regards

Bozica

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bozica said:
Hi All,

We are in Africa and one our dependent daughter is a international student in Canada. We have been asked to proceed for medical examinations (applied under old system) and CHC has advised us that she has to be examined in Canada. The letter from Canadian High Commission says that all the medical reports should be sent to the CMO in Nairobi. But the DMP in Canada says that he can not send the medical report to Nairobi but wud send it to Ottawa as per norm and he is not allowed to send it any where else. We are in a big confusion. The report should be ready by this Friday, hopefully.

Please advise us, where the report for my daughter should be sent? We are seriously worried as it might delay the whole processing. Serious replies welcome please.

Regards

Bozica
She can do her medicals in Canada and you guys in Nairobi but you just have to send a case specific to CHC to clarify the situation. No worries my friend from Africa.
Cheers,

Bozica

Feb 2, 2009
Dear Beauhoe,

Thanks for the reply but could not get it properly. You mean to say, no problems if the medical report is sent to Ottawa instead to the Canadian Medical Officer in Nairobi. Would the Canadian Medical Officer (CMO) in Ottawa be sending the final medical report to the concerned CHC in Africa OR to the CMO in Nairobi?

Regards

Bozica

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bozica said:
Dear Beauhoe,

Thanks for the reply but could not get it properly. You mean to say, no problems if the medical report is sent to Ottawa instead to the Canadian Medical Officer in Nairobi. Would the Canadian Medical Officer (CMO) in Ottawa be sending the final medical report to the concerned CHC in Africa OR to the CMO in Nairobi?

Regards

Bozica
Yes my friend, Ottawa will contact Nairobi to let them know of the results of her medical. No worries.
Take care,

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All medical reports are processed in Ottawa. I'm not sure why Nairobi want it there. Let the Canadian doctor send it to Ottawa. Ask your daughter to get a receipt from the doctor and submit the receipt to Nairobi.

¬m2l

Bozica

Feb 2, 2009
Hi Me2land,

Because this is an old application (as I mentioned earlier) and medicals for old applicants are processed regionally, not in Ottawa. Post 28 Feb 2008 applications are processed in Ottawa only.

Any one who has gone through the similar situation, please reply.

Bozica