+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Immigration & refugee board clearance for Indian Police Certificate

Rainigari

Feb 19, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Need urgent help about clearance from "Canadian Immigration and Refugee Board"

Recently, I got an email from CIC requesting to submit PCC from India and RCMP finger prints. But when I went to BLS office to submit my application for Indian PCC I was told that I should get a clearance letter from "Canadian Immigration and Refugee Board" saying that I have not claimed a refugee status/asylum as my work permit code type is 27.

I got only 30 days time to submit the requested documents. But getting the Clearance from "Canadian Immigration and Refugee Board" itself will take at-least 30 days

I would like to know i
1. If anyone had applied for the clearance and how long did it take?

Any help related to the above topic will be appreciated

Thanks

Mar 1, 2018
I know its a little too late for the reply, but it might help someone.

Here is the link to the Form for IRB Clearance >> http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/contact/Pages/AtipAiprp.aspx

Follow the link ...
and then go to

Requests from the Indian Consulate
To obtain a letter from the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada for the purpose of attesting to whether you have submitted a claim for refugee protection, please fill out this form.

Print the form, fill it up , scan it and send it via email or Fax. ( Fax and email information are provided in the form. )

It usually takes less than 30 days for it to arrive.

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Need urgent help about clearance from "Canadian Immigration and Refugee Board"

Recently, I got an email from CIC requesting to submit PCC from India and RCMP finger prints. But when I went to BLS office to submit my application for Indian PCC I was told that I should get a clearance letter from "Canadian Immigration and Refugee Board" saying that I have not claimed a refugee status/asylum as my work permit code type is 27.

I got only 30 days time to submit the requested documents. But getting the Clearance from "Canadian Immigration and Refugee Board" itself will take at-least 30 days

I would like to know i
1. If anyone had applied for the clearance and how long did it take?

Any help related to the above topic will be appreciated

Thanks
I am in the same boat since you posted this in 2017 can you tell me how long did it took for you get the letter from Canadian Immigration and Refugee Board" ? Did they send you an email or was the letter send in the mail ?

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
I know its a little too late for the reply, but it might help someone.

Here is the link to the Form for IRB Clearance >> http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/contact/Pages/AtipAiprp.aspx

Follow the link ...
and then go to

Requests from the Indian Consulate
To obtain a letter from the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada for the purpose of attesting to whether you have submitted a claim for refugee protection, please fill out this form.

Print the form, fill it up , scan it and send it via email or Fax. ( Fax and email information are provided in the form. )

It usually takes less than 30 days for it to arrive.
I am in the same boat since you posted this in 2018 can you tell me how long did it took for you get the letter from Canadian Immigration and Refugee Board" ? Did they send you an email or was the letter send in the mail ?

Rainigari

Feb 19, 2015
I am in the same boat since you posted this in 2017 can you tell me how long did it took for you get the letter from Canadian Immigration and Refugee Board" ? Did they send you an email or was the letter send in the mail ?
Hi Jaz,

It took me 10 days to get the letter and I got the letter through mail

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Thanks man just wondering did you send request by an email ? And you got the letter in the mail ?
thanks for the update i really appreciate and you did mention it was send in the mail sorry i didn't read it properly i will wait for the letter... i did get an email confirming that IRB is working on my request

Reactions: Shivali maria

Shivali maria

Oct 16, 2019
thanks for the update i really appreciate and you did mention it was send in the mail sorry i didn't read it properly i will wait for the letter... i did get an email confirming that IRB is working on my request
Hi dear did u get a work that IRB is working on ur request? I didn't get any update it's about 10 days

Jasskaind

Feb 25, 2020
Hi I am in same situation. Hope someone can help me out. I have applied for letter but it’s been 20 days I have not heard anything back from IRB. Is there any way I contact them. I need to renew my passport ASAP. Thank you

JasPatel

Oct 8, 2014
Hi I am in same situation. Hope someone can help me out. I have applied for letter but it’s been 20 days I have not heard anything back from IRB. Is there any way I contact them. I need to renew my passport ASAP. Thank you
Hi, any updates after that...I am also waiting for since last 10 days...no confirmation from their side yet.
Thanks

Jasskaind

Feb 25, 2020
It took exactly one month. If you don’t get it within month then email them. Sometimes they reply. I did same