+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*Urgent*: IME Form

ComedyGeek

Jun 15, 2015
Hi guys,

I've seen some posts on this regard but none of them with a satisfactory answer. I received an ITA in April and I'm currently doing all the paperwork to send all the documents. I went to get the appointment for the Medical Exam but they insist on asking for an IME form. They claim I must have received this by now if I'm applying for permanent residence. This form is nowhere to be found. Some of the threads claim that this is only for paper-based applications but the lady at the doctor's office said that this changed recently and they cannot make our exams if we don't bring them the form.

Does anybody have a clue how this is working right now? Has anybody done their medicals recently who can enlighten us as to what to do? Thanks in advance

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi guys,

I've seen some posts on this regard but none of them with a satisfactory answer. I received an ITA in April and I'm currently doing all the paperwork to send all the documents. I went to get the appointment for the Medical Exam but they insist on asking for an IME form. They claim I must have received this by now if I'm applying for permanent residence. This form is nowhere to be found. Some of the threads claim that this is only for paper-based applications but the lady at the doctor's office said that this changed recently and they cannot make our exams if we don't bring them the form.

Does anybody have a clue how this is working right now? Has anybody done their medicals recently who can enlighten us as to what to do? Thanks in advance
You need to tell the lady at the doctor's office that you are an Express Entry candidate and need an Upfront Medical Exam. If she insists on the IME. tell her that it is Non-EDE and the type is Worker.

Reactions: ComedyGeek

ComedyGeek

Jun 15, 2015
You need to tell the lady at the doctor's office that you are an Express Entry candidate and need an Upfront Medical Exam. If she insists on the IME. tell her that it is Non-EDE and the type is Worker.
Thank you SO much, Maverick28! Hope the woman stays open and helps us! She actually claimed they did not do the exams to a family that came in our same situation, so I was actually starting to freak out.

Sorry for my late reply. Have an amazing week

Prt0721

Mar 26, 2017
Hi,

I received an ITA on 4th May and I'm working on getting my documents ready. I had my medical exam on 12th May and I was given an information sheet. Is that all I need to upload? How and where can I check whether medical exam report was submitted to CIC or not?

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Hi,

I received an ITA on 4th May and I'm working on getting my documents ready. I had my medical exam on 12th May and I was given an information sheet. Is that all I need to upload? How and where can I check whether medical exam report was submitted to CIC or not?
Yes. You can also upload any payment receipts.

The clinic should tell you, at least mine did.