+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[URGENT] I need to add my future wife and her daughter after my application had been submitted.

abdulllaahmd

Jun 2, 2017
Cairo, Egypt
Hi Guys,

Please, I need your help urgently.

I received and ITA on 1 March 2017 and submitted my PR Application on 30 May 2017. I Plan to get married in July 2017. Most Probably my application would be still under processing so I will need to update my application through a Case Specific Enquiry to inform IRCC about the recent changes in my marital status.

The problem is that my fiancee is divorced and she has a little girl. My Fiancee does have the right to take the legal custody but she and the girl's father settled everything between them without the need to go to court. In other words, she doesn't have any documents to prove her Custody. Adding to that, once we get married, the legal Custody will move to her mother or the father's grandma. So she won't be able to prove her custody of the child.

Also, I don't think we can get the girl's father to sign the IMM 5604 Form [Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent] in time.

So I can think of four cases right now and I need your help regarding the documents I need to prepare for each case and which option is better in your opinion:
  1. Notifying the IRCC that I got married but my wife and her daughter are not accompanying me.
  2. Notifying the IRCC that I got married but only my wife is coming with me and the little girl is not.
  3. Notifying the IRCC that I got married and both of them are accompanying me.
  4. Postpone our marriage till I get everything settled with IRCC then I can sponsor them later on once we get married.
I really need your help, guys. If anyone ran through the same circumstances, I would really appreciate your feedback.

Thank you.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Where children are involved and custody issues may or may not exist might be time to consult an immigration lawyer for advice regardless of what you need to tell IRCC. You may get advice here on declaring marriage but more important to get professional advice as far as the child is concerned, my view anyway, ultimately up to you