+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*Urgent* How to go from India to Canada? Which flights are available?

nrsinquest

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Hi all,

Tonight I have a discussion with a prospective employer in Canada. Whether they will give me a job offer or not will depend on whether I will be able to go from India to Canada or not in the current pandemic situation.

Please advise urgently how to search for flights?

When I search for DELHI to Toronto (or Delhi to Calgary) flights, Google Flights website shows tickets are available. But when I check Air India website, it shows no flights till March-2021.

Please advise how to check / book flights from India to Canada.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So have you checked Air Canada why just Air India or am I missing something about airline restrictions from India ? Did you check Another site such as Expedia. Assume you are a landed PR with a valid PR card so can travel.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Varun2510

Sep 9, 2020
Hi! I, my wife & our 2 kids(3 & 6 year old) are planning to travel this December from India to Toronto. We are about to book flights. I shall be thankful if someone gives their suggestions / replies to my queries:
- Should we book Non stop or with stopover?
- Air Canada or Air India or Any other airlines?
- Most convenient airlines for travelling with a 3 year old boy & 6+ year old girl?
- Do some airlines offer more baggage?
- Premium or normal. How much is the price difference? Is it substantial?
- Are these flights like Indian domestic flights in terms of leg space between two rows of seats? Will it be difficult to sleep for kids?
- Any other suggestion shall be useful.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: sami26

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Hi all,

Tonight I have a discussion with a prospective employer in Canada. Whether they will give me a job offer or not will depend on whether I will be able to go from India to Canada or not in the current pandemic situation.

Please advise urgently how to search for flights?

When I search for DELHI to Toronto (or Delhi to Calgary) flights, Google Flights website shows tickets are available. But when I check Air India website, it shows no flights till March-2021.

Please advise how to check / book flights from India to Canada.
Do you have any status in Canada?
AFAIK, you need an extremely good reason to come here unless you are a PR or a Citizen (in which case just book the next Air Canada flight and come home!)

EDIT: Even students with a student visa are being denied entry. Unless you're going to help out in the health care industry, it is very unlikely that you will be allowed entry.

Varun2510

Sep 9, 2020
Do you have any status in Canada?
AFAIK, you need an extremely good reason to come here unless you are a PR or a Citizen (in which case just book the next Air Canada flight and come home!)

EDIT: Even students with a student visa are being denied entry. Unless you're going to help out in the health care industry, it is very unlikely that you will be allowed entry.
We have a CoPR issued before march 18 & we are coming to settle down permanently in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We have a CoPR issued before march 18 & we are coming to settle down permanently in Canada.
Do you have an extension or is your COPR valid u tio December? The extensions seem very hard to get with VFS being closed. They will be approved bu5 many are just waiting months for a reply.

Varun2510

Sep 9, 2020
Do you have an extension or is your COPR valid u tio December? The extensions seem very hard to get with VFS being closed. They will be approved bu5 many are just waiting months for a reply.
Fortunately, valid till December. I had to redo my medicals due to which got such a long validity.