+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: How to do Landing by Bus/Taxi

canadavisa20

Oct 9, 2013
I have applied for PR on Sep 2012 and got my passport back yesterday. I wanted to do landing by going to US and coming back to Canada. I have US visa but don't have a car so I am planning to go to buffalo by bus and while coming back, take a cab from buffalo to niagara ontario. Has anyone done this before? Appreciate your response.

MumbaiIndian

Jun 4, 2013
Re: How to do Landing by Bus

canadavisa20 said:
I have applied for PR on Sep 2012 and got my passport back yesterday. I wanted to do landing by going to US and coming back to Canada. I have US visa but don't have a car so I am planning to go to buffalo by bus and while coming back, take a cab from buffalo to niagara ontario. Has anyone done this before? Appreciate your response.
it should be fine but why don't you rent a car if you don't have one?

canadavisa20

Oct 9, 2013

MumbaiIndian said:
it should be fine but why don't you rent a car if you don't have one?
Don't have a license.

Do you know about any cab service in buffalo which can travel to Niagara ON?

MumbaiIndian

Jun 4, 2013

canadavisa20 said:
Don't have a license.

Do you know about any cab service in buffalo which can travel to Niagara ON?
I don;t think CAB service will take you across border. you can check with Bus Operators if they have similar cases before. Ideally if it takes time they should arrange you in next bus.

canadavisa20

Oct 9, 2013

Thanks!

Any more input guys?

MumbaiIndian said:
I don;t think CAB service will take you across border. you can check with Bus Operators if they have similar cases before. Ideally if it takes time they should arrange you in next bus.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

canadavisa20 said:
Thanks!

Any more input guys?
Is there any particular reason you are going to Buffalo?

Why not get a bus to Niagra Falls, Ontario and flagpole on foot at Rainbow Bridge?

braveman

Mar 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent on 15 Sep 2012; Received at CIO Sydney, NS on 20 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
02 Nov 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
06 July 2013
Med's Done....
24 July 2013; Med's Received : 07 Sep 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Biodata & RPRF Req : 16 Sep 2013
VISA ISSUED...
08 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
19 Oct 2013 at Fort Erie (Peace bridge)

canadavisa20 said:
Hi
When ur passport reached CIC for PR stamping ? ie., which date
And when ur tracker got activated?
It would be ver helpful if u cud share the timeline
Thank you

rick1111

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2012
Doc's Request.
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
23-07-2012
IELTS Request
Sent With Application.
Med's Request
06-03-2013
Med's Done....
12-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
LANDED..........
11-06-2013

congrats !!!! i did my flagpole at rainbow bridge. you dont need car to do that , just go to niagara falls and go across rainbow bridge by foot and get piece of paper from us border/custom folks and come back same way and complete the process on canadian side. total time 25 mins . good luck

canadavisa20

Oct 9, 2013

rick1111 said:
congrats !!!! i did my flagpole at rainbow bridge. you dont need car to do that , just go to niagara falls and go across rainbow bridge by foot and get piece of paper from us border/custom folks and come back same way and complete the process on canadian side. total time 25 mins . good luck
Thanks man!
I was planning to do some shopping in Buffalo and while coming back do the landing. Do I need to tell the US border that in addition to shopping I also wanted to do landing for my PR?

canadavisa20

Oct 9, 2013

canuck_in_uk said:
Is there any particular reason you are going to Buffalo?

Why not get a bus to Niagra Falls, Ontario and flagpole on foot at Rainbow Bridge?
Wanted to do some shopping.....

canadavisa20

Oct 9, 2013

braveman said:
Hi
When ur passport reached CIC for PR stamping ? ie., which date
And when ur tracker got activated?
It would be ver helpful if u cud share the timeline
Thank you
No probs!

PR Applied: Sep 16
Tracker Activated: 7th Oct

cec007

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012

I got my tracker activated today!
I liked your idea and I am also planning to go to US and do landing while coming back through taxi. Anyone has any idea?

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
6 years later, I'll be doing this tomorrow.i tried flagpoling lastweek but they flat out refused. Probably because they were busy with the 4th of July. So I don't want to take a chance this time and I plan to actually cross the border all the way to Buffalo and then done back. I have us visa so crossing isn't an issue.

Can anyone confirm is they have done this recently and have gotten positive news? I'm desperately trying to get it done tomorrow.

Thanks.