+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent!! How long does visitor's visa takes after biometrics for applicant in the US

Jaido

Jul 30, 2018
Hi all:
I dont know what exactly is going on with my application at this point. I turned in all supposed paperwork for a visitor visa to Canada from the USA on June 14th and had my biometrics done June 22nd.
Unfortunately it's taking almost forever to process my application. Eligibility requirements, background checks and application decision all pending till this moment. I feel I'm running out of time because I plan to visit and return to the USA before August 12.
Please what would you advise I do at this point?
Thanks.

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all:
I dont know what exactly is going on with my application at this point. I turned in all supposed paperwork for a visitor visa to Canada from the USA on June 14th and had my biometrics done June 22nd.
Unfortunately it's taking almost forever to process my application. Eligibility requirements, background checks and application decision all pending till this moment. I feel I'm running out of time because I plan to visit and return to the USA before August 12.
Please what would you advise I do at this point?
Thanks.
I have few questions:
1- Do you live in the US?
2- Does your account show biometrics completed OR we still need your fingerprints

I'm in the same situation. Biometrics showing we still need your fingerprints though biometrics were done!
Estimated processing time is 11 days!
I guess they have lot of applications to process!
Have you tried emailing the embassy?

Jaido

Jul 30, 2018
I have few questions:
1- Do you live in the US?
2- Does your account show biometrics completed OR we still need your fingerprints

I'm in the same situation. Biometrics showing we still need your fingerprints though biometrics were done!
Estimated processing time is 11 days!
I guess they have lot of applications to process!
Have you tried emailing the embassy?
Response to your questions:
1. Yes! I'm a student in the USA.
2. It was changed to biometrics completed shortly after I went for it on June 22nd.

I sent out some emails but didn't get any response. If you dont mind, can you share the email address I can reach the embassy on with me?

11days! Thought as much. Thanks

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Response to your questions:
1. Yes! I'm a student in the USA.
2. It was changed to biometrics completed shortly after I went for it on June 22nd.

I sent out some emails but didn't get any response. If you dont mind, can you share the email address I can reach the embassy on with me?

11days! Thought as much. Thanks
Go to www.newyork.gc.ca look for the visa section then web form. You need to answer few questions then you can write your enquiry. Good luck.

Jaido

Jul 30, 2018
Go to www.newyork.gc.ca look for the visa section then web form. You need to answer few questions then you can write your enquiry. Good luck.
Thanks! This process is super frustrating. Finally someone replied my web form inquiry from Ottawa office and the response as usual was that my application is under processing. Interestingly, biometrics has changed from "completed" to ".... let you know if you would need to do it"

Not cool !!! Any update per your application?

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks! This process is super frustrating. Finally someone replied my web form inquiry from Ottawa office and the response as usual was that my application is under processing. Interestingly, biometrics has changed from "completed" to ".... let you know if you would need to do it"

Not cool !!! Any update per your application?
It seems your application is being processed in Ottawa.
Actually it's my husband's application that is taking for ever.
Yes there was an update like a week ago biometrics submitted.
But under status it's showing will let you know if we need your fingerprints!!!
Other than that still his status shows that
1- we are checking your background
2- we are checking your eligibility
3- your visa is under processing.

I guess they don't update the status regularly.
Someone here posted that his status changed from same as above directly to visa approved and it took only few days to get approved. My guess is that it was being processed in NY not Ottawa.

Jaido

Jul 30, 2018
Thanks for your response. At long last, my application was approved today. I wish your husband all the best.

joyce1

Oct 26, 2018
Hi all i made online registration , and i received this mail
Dear Applicant,

We would like to inform you that your application has been processed in our office on 02 Oct 2018
You can track the status of your application through our website mentioned below using your tracking number.
Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx , But when i tried checking it i got a response NO RECORDS FOUND .
please can someone help me out for clarification .

and how long will it take for passport
submission .

Shalani

Jan 6, 2018
Hi all i made online registration , and i received this mail
Dear Applicant,

We would like to inform you that your application has been processed in our office on 02 Oct 2018
You can track the status of your application through our website mentioned below using your tracking number.
Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx , But when i tried checking it i got a response NO RECORDS FOUND .
please can someone help me out for clarification .

and how long will it take for passport
submission .
try inputting the reference number which appears in the receipt which you would have received after submitting your biometrics