+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help

jeevanjoseph

Star Member
Oct 18, 2014
Hi guys, my visa and workpermit expired this month, i applied for visitor status but it is under process. i have an emergency to go back home ,so will there be any problem in the airport if i travel with the expired documents.

e-16

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Hi guys, my visa and workpermit expired this month, i applied for visitor status but it is under process. i have an emergency to go back home ,so will there be any problem in the airport if i travel with the expired documents.
You can travel with the expired visa but you won't be able to come back into Canada without renewing the visa

e-16

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
You can travel with the expired visa but you won't be able to come back into Canada without renewing the visa
This happened to me, i needed to travel urgently and my TRV application was taking longer than anticipated. I travelled with the expired visa and then cancelled my in-Canada TRV application then reapplied from outside Canada

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
This happened to me, i needed to travel urgently and my TRV application was taking longer than anticipated. I travelled with the expired visa and then cancelled my in-Canada TRV application then reapplied from outside Canada
When you say "travel", you mean leave Canada, correct? Yes, you can leave Canada at any time, you don't need any documentation to leave.

Reactions: e-16

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, you can leave at any time, but you can only return with a valid visa.