+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent help

miracle@40

Jun 17, 2016
goog evening people can someone please advise me urgently, i am from a visa exempt country and was ask by immigration of canada to sent a bio-data page of my passport along with 2 photos and fill in a form which they send and return these thing to them in a pre-paid envelop which i did.
however upon receiving the return documents to land the letter address to me saying "please find enclosed your passport with your visa affixed in it and a form which you will sign infront of the landing immigration officer and your visa expiry date can be found in the right hand corner of the visa"
People I have spend the last 10hours trying to reach trinidad office and failed miseriable, no answer, I was never required to send my passport therefore they is no visa to be issused and as i say i'm from a visa exempt country and the paper before say i have to land in canada before my medical expire which is next few months.

i know i have the wrong document but the question is my application say decison made so who and where do i turn???????

i have a landing paper for a visa and not all of that paperwork is in present in the envelop either.

WHAT DO I DO HELP PLEASE?????

:(

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
ok, you need to relax.

if you are visa exempt, then you would not need a visa counterfoil stamped in your passport, there wouldn't be any reason for you to send your passport thus there would be no reason for your passport to be in the package they sent you. these letters are generic letters sent to everyone, and everything in the letter isn't specific to your situation. i would recommend re-reading the letter carefully and perhaps copying/pasting it here without your personal information.

if you don't require a visa, all you need is the Confirmation of Permanent Resident (COPR) forms they sent you. if you're flying to Canada, you are probably required to apply for an ETA.

you should have received 2 approval papers - 1 with your picture, 1 without. these are the forms you will sign with the immigraiton officer at your landing. the expiration date is listed on these forms. All you need to land as a visa exempt applicant is the 2 COPR forms and your passport, nothing else.

stop freaking out and confirm the information that was sent to you. what did the visa office send back to you? do you have 2 copies of the COPR form? what are you assuming you are missing?

miracle@40

Jun 17, 2016
no they did not sent any approval letters at all they place the 2 photos in the envelop and send them back with the visa letter nothing else at all. no approval letters

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
miracle@40 said:
thank you i will do that
sorry i edited then erased my other response because i'm confused:

in your first post you said you have a "landing paper for a visa"? What specifically do you mean by that? what landing paper do you have?

miracle@40

Jun 17, 2016
The paper work is as follows "please find your visa afixed in your passport and a copr form for each family member arriving in canada" but they are no copr forms and the 2 photos are just there and they was no passport send to them.

i'm looking at it and it just indicates about a visa and expiry date

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
Just so everyone here is understanding you and your situation, what exactly did you get back from CIC? What was in the envelope you just received?

All you should have received was a cover letter and your CoPR (two copies)

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
miracle@40 said:
The paper work is as follows "please find your visa afixed in your passport and a copr form for each family member arriving in canada" but they are no copr forms and the 2 photos are just there and they was no passport send to them.

i'm looking at it and it just indicates about a visa and expiry date
are you currently in canada? where did you send the copy of your passport and pictures to? Is the envelope you received the one you provided? What mailing address did you provide for them to send your approval paper?

my thoughts are either:
a) they messed up
b) they sent your pictures back for some reason (perhaps they didn't actually need them?) and your COPR is being mailed separately through regular mail. if you're in canada then it is likely they are sending it by canada post per usual. It usually arrives in a brown envelope. If you're in your home country, you may want to confirm with the thread specific to your office how they mail the COPR out.

either way, it's still recommended to send a case specific enquiry and contact the sponsor's MP.

erical

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2016
Doc's Request.
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
30-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
if you don't require a visa, all you need is the Confirmation of Permanent Resident (COPR) forms they sent you. if you're flying to Canada, you are probably required to apply for an ETA.
Bit off topic but where did you find this information? My COPR document doesn't mention anything about needing an eTA at all... I keep seeing people say we might need one though :/

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
erical said:
Bit off topic but where did you find this information? My COPR document doesn't mention anything about needing an eTA at all... I keep seeing people say we might need one though :/
read here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta.asp

I'm not sure how the ETA works. It is unclear if IRCC will be reminding applicants they need one or if it's the responsibility of the applicant to know. since this has to do with commercial air travel, i suspect it may be a part of ticket purchasing through the airline? It looks like once you're a pr, you won't need one. it's getting to canada to land as a pr that you'll probably require one.

erical

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2016
Doc's Request.
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
30-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2017
LANDED..........
01-03-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
read here:

I'm not sure how the ETA works. It is unclear if IRCC will be reminding applicants they need one or if it's the responsibility of the applicant to know. since this has to do with commercial air travel, i suspect it may be a part of ticket purchasing through the airline? It looks like once you're a pr, you won't need one. it's getting to canada to land as a pr that you'll probably require one.
Thanks. I see some people who agree with what you posted and others who cite this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1184&top=16
so I'm confused. I might give them a call just to double check. Seems to be conflicting info on their website.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
read here:

In theory according to CIC, if you have a CoPR and are from a visa exempt country, then you don't need an ETA (see here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1184&top=16 ).

BUT!!!!

VERY BIG BUT! Most airlines refuse to believe this and insist that you have either an ETA or a PR Card and WILL refuse to allow you to board without it. The problem is NOT with CIC or CBSA, but with the airlines - you would be brave person to turn up at the airport without an ETA and take them on I suggest!!

You would be well advised to get an ETA before you fly, you apply on-line for an ETA at the grand cost of $CAD7 and it is valid for the duration of your passport (although the ETA will be cancelled once you have exercised your CoPR).

You cannot apply for an ETA if you have already declared PR (i.e. you have landed and 'exercised' your CoPR), but then after a few weeks you would have your PR Card so fine.

Read about the chaos here! http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ#I_have_my_COPR._Do_I_need_an_eTA.3F

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
erical said:
Thanks. I see some people who agree with what you posted and others who cite this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1184&top=16
so I'm confused. I might give them a call just to double check. Seems to be conflicting info on their website.
yes, since it's a relatively new thing, there is bound to be confusion and different interpretations.

as Hurla mentioned above, it's more about the airlines, so you'd want to contact the airline to see what their requirements are or just bite the bullet and apply for one to avoid any hassle.