+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One of the my friends is coming to Canada on a short term study (6 months) this month. 'Banks in his country does not issue traveler's cheque any longer. what is the best way to bring 12,000 USD (approximate cost of living +tuition fees) to avoid carrying cash?

Thanks in advance

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How about at the port of entry if officer asks to show financial proof for tuition fees and living expenses?

JHALI KUDI said:
western union
aftr reaching there
any family member can send money

pd9123

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If from india!!
Open a bank account wid icici or axis bank....nd ask dem abt international travel currency card!!

NeerajSP

Oct 7, 2013
Toronto
App. Filed.......
25/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
27/11/2013
There is a forex card available. Your friend's parents have to issue a cheque of the desired amount to your respective Indian bank. The bank converts those INRs into the desired currency. As far as i know HDFC provides such forex cards. Just Google Forex Cards you'll see HDFC and Citibank's links. Check them out.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My friend is from Romania. i was just reading on university website the best way to transfer money is to make bank draft payable to yourself in specific bank in Canada. Anybody has experience to bring money via bank draft.

NeerajSP said:
There is a forex card available. Your friend's parents have to issue a cheque of the desired amount to your respective Indian bank. The bank converts those INRs into the desired currency. As far as i know HDFC provides such forex cards. Just Google Forex Cards you'll see HDFC and Citibank's links. Check them out.

winsor

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
i guess u can purchase travel cards online as well...but the thing is the fees you pay for that, might be more than the tax u pay for the additional 2000 CAD you are allowed to carry in, at the Port of Entry..

NeerajSP

Oct 7, 2013
Toronto
App. Filed.......
25/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
27/11/2013
Simkr said:
My friend is from Romania. i was just reading on university website the best way to transfer money is to make bank draft payable to yourself in specific bank in Canada. Anybody has experience to bring money via bank draft.
She has to open an account prior. This bank draft is similar to GIC. Ask your friend to check with RBS or Nova Scotia Bank. But i guess banks in Romania must be proving forex cards. But if at point of entry the immigration officer about proof of funds i think the bank draft option is better as your friend can show the account details of Canadian bank.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RBC does not open an account without physical presence of the person. i inquired about it. I am in Canada very long time though i was never in this situation before since i came here on a work permit.

NeerajSP said:
She has to open an account prior. This bank draft is similar to GIC. Ask your friend to check with RBS or Nova Scotia Bank. But i guess banks in Romania must be proving forex cards. But if at point of entry the immigration officer about proof of funds i think the bank draft option is better as your friend can show the account details of Canadian bank.