+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT HELP: Work exp documents for Quebec PNP

bkm23578

Feb 22, 2012
Hello,

I want to know what documents are required for proving work experience. Although the Quebec PNP site mentions (as quoted below) that a work experience certificate and an employment contract copy is all that is required, I am guessing that having salary payslips and other proof handy would be better, just in case they want to verify more at a later time.

The problem with me is that I work in a small firm where firstly, I am paid in cash and secondly, the boss doesn't give me any salary payslips. Also, I was never given any contract letter as such. Also, I don't file any IR-forms or something.

So all that I would have is a work experience letter. Should I ask my boss for salary slips and a contract letter before applying for the Quebec CSQ? And anything else? I want to be 100% sure that my application is not rejected because of the lack of work exp documents.

What should I do? Please help!

Enclose the following documents for yourself and your spouse, if any:

a certificate stating all your employment experiences, issued by a public notary (for applicants from China);
a copy of employment contracts with your former and current employers;
a copy of all your work certificates.

The work certificates must be produced on the company's letterhead. They must be dated and signed and bear the signatory's name and function. They must also give the following information:

start and end dates of your employment;
contact information for your employers, including their telephone number;
job positions that you held and a description of tasks that you performed.