+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT:Help with spouse reference letter

KKUMAR14

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Hello all,

While trying to upload documents for spouse , it asks for letter of reference in the same format as that of the primary applicant.As far as I had read in this forum it is not required. SO DO WE NEED IT IN THE FOLLOWING FORMAT? or will offer letters, relieving letters and pay slips do?

Document: Employment Records

You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them. The reference letter must:
be an official document printed on company letterhead
include your name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate
show all positions held while employed at the company
include these details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.
You must scan all documents for this period of employment and save them as one file. (You must create a separate file for each period of employment.)

will appreciate any help given

Thank you
Karishma Kumar

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KKUMAR14 said:
Hello all,

While trying to upload documents for spouse , it asks for letter of reference in the same format as that of the primary applicant.As far as I had read in this forum it is not required. SO DO WE NEED IT IN THE FOLLOWING FORMAT? or will offer letters, relieving letters and pay slips do?

Document: Employment Records

You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them. The reference letter must:
be an official document printed on company letterhead
include your name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate
show all positions held while employed at the company
include these details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.
You must scan all documents for this period of employment and save them as one file. (You must create a separate file for each period of employment.)

will appreciate any help given

Thank you
Karishma Kumar
CIC requests the same format for all reference letters (be they for primary or secondary applicants).

KKUMAR14

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
So we need this reference letter for the spouse as well?
But the work experience is not in Canada, and hence will not be claiming any points for this.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
thanks

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KKUMAR14 said:
So we need this reference letter for the spouse as well?
But the work experience is not in Canada, and hence will not be claiming any points for this.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
thanks
Ok, then if you're not claiming points then you don't need it. From your first post I couldn't tell if you were or were not including the experience of your spouse in the EE profile.

KKUMAR14

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
I am really sorry , i missed out an important part.

I have added all his information in the work history section. and will provide the offers letters, relieving letters and pay slips from the three companies he has worked for( including current) .

will this suffice ?

thank you
karishma kumar

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KKUMAR14 said:
I am really sorry , i missed out an important part.

I have added all his information in the work history section. and will provide the offers letters, relieving letters and pay slips from the three companies he has worked for( including current) .

will this suffice ?

thank you
karishma kumar
If you have added in the 'Personal History' section and not the Express Entry profile then you don't need to provide any documentation at all.

KKUMAR14

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Sorry i dint get your point.

I have added work experience details in the work history as well as in the personal history.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KKUMAR14 said:
Sorry i dint get your point.

I have added work experience details in the work history as well as in the personal history.
Well then if it's in the 'Work experience' section you do need the letters regardless of whether the work is in Canada or outside of Canada. In summary, for any information in 'Personal History' section, no documents are required. If they are added in the EE profile or elsewhere then documentation is required.

KKUMAR14

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
now I had added spouse'd work experience when creating EE profile and I do have work history section for spouse in after ITA application form.

Is it safe now to mention NO to the question that does the spouse have any work history and add no entries but mention everything in personal history?

Thank you
Karishma

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KKUMAR14 said:
now I had added spouse'd work experience when creating EE profile and I do have work history section for spouse in after ITA application form.

Is it safe now to mention NO to the question that does the spouse have any work history and add no entries but mention everything in personal history?

Thank you
Karishma
Yes.

jamason

Feb 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
IELTS Request
14-07-2015
Passport Req..
24-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
KKUMAR14 said:
Thank you JoacRy and Asivad Anac!!!

Other... has anyone done this and got any problems??

thanks
With me as principal applicant and wife's point didn't add much points. so I kept her experience in personal history and removed from work experience.

KKUMAR14

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Thank you for ur reply.
I will go ahead and do as u guys have suggested.

anyone has any other advice or experience , then please share.It will help others from committing any mistakes.

Thank you
Karishma

sonali.kaushal

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
USA
AOR Received.
30-03-2018
Thank you for ur reply.
I will go ahead and do as u guys have suggested.

anyone has any other advice or experience , then please share.It will help others from committing any mistakes.

Thank you
Karishma
Hi,

I have the same question. I see in my letter of invitation that I have received points for spouse for Language & level of education. For work experience they have not given any points for him. In fact there is no criteria for foreign work experience for spouse. However in express entry profile I said yes he has work experience. As per others answers if I say no then it will be misrepresentation. If I say yes then it will not be possible to get a reference letter from the current employer. So did you attach just the pay stubs, offer letter etc or just the letter of explanation for it?