+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[URGENT HELP WANTED] Have A Valid Study Permit but my Student Visa Expired

UgVik

Dec 17, 2012
Hi Users,

My current situation at the moment is:
-Have a valid study permit till Aug 2013 ( been an undergrad student in Canada for 5 years )
-Have an expired student visa ( exp date: Aug 2012)
-I am outside the country at the moment
-I contacted VFS Canada in India and they had told me to be certain about the subcategory before applying, so I shot out a mail to the Canadian High Commission in Delhi and have not yet got a response. (usually notification period is between 24-48 hours, been almost 48 and no reply yet)

My questions to you all are:

Under what subcategory would I have to apply for my visa. Is it student or visitors ?
Would I have to apply for a completely new visa or just an extension of the current one ?
If so under a student visa, would I have to apply for a new study permit as well ? repeating the whole process ?

Thank you all for your time and help

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

UgVik said:
Hi Users,

My current situation at the moment is:
-Have a valid study permit till Aug 2013 ( been an undergrad student in Canada for 5 years )
-Have an expired student visa ( exp date: Aug 2012)
-I am outside the country at the moment
-I contacted VFS Canada in India and they had told me to be certain about the subcategory before applying, so I shot out a mail to the Canadian High Commission in Delhi and have not yet got a response. (usually notification period is between 24-48 hours, been almost 48 and no reply yet)

My questions to you all are:

Under what subcategory would I have to apply for my visa. Is it student or visitors ?
Would I have to apply for a completely new visa or just an extension of the current one ?
If so under a student visa, would I have to apply for a new study permit as well ? repeating the whole process ?

Thank you all for your time and help
1. You need a new TRV, just apply with a copy of your study permit.