+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help Third refusal

Nico Dembi

Nov 17, 2020
I feel heartbroken please help me give me some opinion

I have 7years study gap
Intake Project Management postgraduate diploma
Career: Production supervisor in IT field relate to project management (still working)
Got Electronic Information Engineering Bachelor degree in 2014 GPA 74%
Finance proof: GIC +tuition payed+38000 certificate of deposit
Ielts overall 7.0

I got three refusal
1-reason(Apply with SOWP )
Not enough finance proof (only payed GIC and tuition)

2-reason (Apply with SOWP )
GCMS notes show
Studies not reasonable because of lack employment prospects in home country

3-reason (apply alone and hired a IRCC consultant)
- "Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing marksheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans".
Note this time apply my current company already write me a letter to keep my position until I finish

As you can see you keep refusing give different reasons even every time I apply I fixed the last time concern
I am already in lost
Don’t know what I should do
Please If you can give me your opinion about my application

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
alright u are production supervisor. doing PG diploma won't make you advance in your career. u have 7 years of experience. with your credentials you could teach in pg diploma let alone study it. your best bet is master degree.

secondly, you need to write strong statement about your future goals. why that program. what specific elements of that program will help you. ? project management programs are available everywhere even online. then why u want to come to Canada and study it ? is there a specific reasons u can't take that course back at home ? remember you are not 20 to state that u need international exposure and diversity. you are married adult with good position and employment.

3 refusals are a lot don't just re-apply. u should have changed ur strategy after 2nd refusal . consult with certified Canadian lawyer that have experience in study permit application. your main reason of refusal is choice of program and its relation to your employment and future plans.

Last edited:

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

I have 7years study gap
Career: Production supervisor in IT field relate to project management (still working)
Ielts overall 7.0

I got three refusal

GCMS notes show

- "Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing marksheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans".
Note this time apply my current company already write me a letter to keep my position until I finish

As you can see you keep refusing give different reasons even every time I apply I fixed the last time concern
I am already in lost
Apply Master's/MBA. Also, bringing a SOWP on a PG diploma -> low chance of approval

Nico Dembi

Nov 17, 2020
alright u are production supervisor. doing PG diploma won't make you advance in your career. u have 7 years of experience. with your credentials you could teach in pg diploma let alone study it. your best bet is master degree.

secondly, you need to write strong statement about your future goals. why that program. what specific elements of that program will help you. ? project management programs are available everywhere even online. then why u want to come to Canada and study it ? is there a specific reasons u can't take that course back at home ? remember you are not 20 to state that u need international exposure and diversity. you are married adult with good position and employment.

3 refusals are a lot don't just re-apply. u should have changed ur strategy after 2nd refusal . consult with certified Canadian lawyer that have experience in study permit application. your main reason of refusal is choice of program and its relation to your employment and future plans.
Thanks soooooooo much for your reply really . I will check MBA or master degree to check

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Thanks soooooooo much for your reply really . I will check MBA or master degree to check
Just don't go to University of Canada West, Crandall, TWU and UNBC and you should be good.

Schulich-York, Wilfred Laurier. Concordia all offer Master of Supply Chain. And obviously most places offer MBA

Nico Dembi

Nov 17, 2020
Can any one give me the opinion why every time they give different reason
Like first one never mention about my proposed study is not reasonable
Seems like only I didn’t provided enough funds but the proposed study is okay

What they give me the feeling is just they want to reject
Can anyone answer it I am appreciate
I really do not understand about my situation with IRCC

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

From your comment, 2nd and 3rd reasons looks the same, unreasonable proposed studies. If you are determined to reapply again which i dont know what odds are bt then, address question of reasonability of your studies as advised.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

People get too focused on the reasons they are given and ignore the overall nature of their application which is a dire mistake, in my opinion. You need to have a strong overall profile. The visa officer will either trust you (through your application) or they won't. If they don't, they will find a whole number of reasons as to why you are not going to be a bonafide student. It's a matter of feeling not logic in some ways. They won't think ok they have ticked 5 of 6 boxes, they are good to go.

From the limited information, you provided I can already paint a picture in my head of the following:
You are an older student with great experience in production, yet you are going for a PG diploma that is aimed at recent graduates. Not very common but possible. Next, you have a Bachelor's in Engineering but instead, you decide to go for a Project Management diploma which is pretty much a joke course in Canada. So, already I'm wondering why you would take a useless course, outside of your field when you are already experienced. Then, you are also bringing your spouse and applying for a work permit for them. Now, starting to get very suspicious.

With multiple refusals, your chances shrink slimmer. You should really reevaluate your next application. It needs to be perfect or it's bust for you. Get accepted into a high ranked program linked to your past education and experience: Engineering/Industrial Eng/Supply Chain/MBA. Ditch your spouse in your application. It will increase your home ties. You can always apply for them later on. And really link up why this program will help you increase your prospects in your home country.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
People get too focused on the reasons they are given and ignore the overall nature of their application which is a dire mistake, in my opinion. You need to have a strong overall profile. The visa officer will either trust you (through your application) or they won't. If they don't, they will find a whole number of reasons as to why you are not going to be a bonafide student. It's a matter of feeling not logic in some ways. They won't think ok they have ticked 5 of 6 boxes, they are good to go.

From the limited information, you provided I can already paint a picture in my head of the following:
You are an older student with great experience in production, yet you are going for a PG diploma that is aimed at recent graduates. Not very common but possible. Next, you have a Bachelor's in Engineering but instead, you decide to go for a Project Management diploma which is pretty much a joke course in Canada. So, already I'm wondering why you would take a useless course, outside of your field when you are already experienced. Then, you are also bringing your spouse and applying for a work permit for them. Now, starting to get very suspicious.

With multiple refusals, your chances shrink slimmer. You should really reevaluate your next application. It needs to be perfect or it's bust for you. Get accepted into a high ranked program linked to your past education and experience: Engineering/Industrial Eng/Supply Chain/MBA. Ditch your spouse in your application. It will increase your home ties. You can always apply for them later on. And really link up why this program will help you increase your prospects in your home country.
Project management degrees make sense if you have an engineering degree. It doesn’t make a lot of sense for OP since they seem to be in a position where they already have project management skills. Have you looked to see if you qualify for any immigration programs? What is your CRS score? An MBA or a masters degree make much more sense given your skills. Before investing all this money have you looked into the job opportunities in Canada and whether it makes sense to spend all this money to study in Canada?

NAVSANGEET

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018

I have 7years study gap
Ielts overall 7.0

I got three refusal

GCMS notes show

I am already in lost
raise a web form for reconsideration. Explain all your situation breifly.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019

I have 7years study gap
Ielts overall 7.0

I got three refusal

GCMS notes show

I am already in lost
Your chosen course seems to be the problem here. Understand that VO deals with 1000's of applications and many a times they go by feeling and not logic. They probably have a pre assumed set of criteria's in their head and wont go through the trouble to individually fairly assess files (they should, but they don't) if they see small red flag, that's it. I don't know about you but most of us take these courses as a gateway for PR, nothing wrong in that but VO have boxes to tick and they wont let a file pass if they don't feel good about it. If they go by logic, one can easily asses you wont live illegally on cold streets of Canada after having that much of experience and you would be a great asset to the country. But feeling > Logic for them. So keep that in mind always and work on your file accordingly.

The reasons they give can be vague just for the sake of rejection so don't pay too much attention on that. Just work on improving your overall profile. Depending on the country you are applying from, choose the type of university carefully. Because you have had 3 rejections already, I would choose a top ranked Public UNI.

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
May I know why UNBC is going to be a bad/not so good choice? Unlike others, it's a full public university with small mba class. Actually I am looking for review as this is in my prospective list. Can you please shade some light on this ?
Because those schools are degree mills.