+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help : SIN expiring, Can I still able to work ?

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
I know its not a good place (EE) to post this issue, but don't know the right place.

I had applied for PG work permit and I got approval (last week 9th), but still I didn't got the hard copy of the permit.

And my SIN is going to be expiry on 31th March (upcoming week).

Question: Can I able to continue my work and have the payroll in expired SIN ? It is possible or not ?

Please reply!

Thanks!

Reactions: WhatTheFCan

alekseyk

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are currently on Implied status and your SIN number falls under implied status as well, do not worry you are legally allowed to work in Canada. Your implied status will change to the worker at moment when you will get hard copy.

Did you apply for PG extension based on your job offer based on LMIA?

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
alekseyk said:
You are currently on Implied status and your SIN number falls under implied status as well, do not worry you are legally allowed to work in Canada. Your implied status will change to the worker at moment when you will get hard copy.

Did you apply for PG extension based on your job offer based on LMIA?
Thanks for Info!

I had just completed PG, and getting new PGWP hopefully next week, so I think extension is not in my way for at least 3 yrs ?

And if you asking for LMIA, then yes I had applied LMIA after I got approval of PGWP (notification email).

Reactions: WhatTheFCan

Sam05mar2013

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
YYC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friend,

if your work permit is valid or you in process of apply new, you can still work, don`t care abt SIN expiry. SIN renweal can be done any time. I am the live example , that I forgot to renew my SIN 6 months, ofcourse my work permit is valid

if you go for SIN renewel , just they update expiry date , there will be no change in SIN number., If your employer will not allow you to work with out renewel, they you have to go to nearest CIC office and it takes 1hr.

adipadi

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
I have a similar problem. My work permit and SIN both are expiring next month and the BOWP will not be approved in time. Can I still continue working even though my renewed work permit and SIN are not present with me?