+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help Required - UCW is not willing to Refund the Tuition Fee

Faizan.kareem.ocp

Oct 14, 2017
ABU DHABI
NOC Code......
Dear All,

I had applied for MBA in UCW University but my study visa got rejected, I hired a lawyer and applied for Appeal instead of Resubmitting my application. In the meantime, I deferred the offer letter and wait for the appeal however the settlement appeal is also refused by IRCC. Now the decision is pending with Court for Months.

Initially they asked for Final refusal letter, I have provided all the necessary documents (Refusal Letter, Settlement Refusal Document). I have received an email today stating that Refund request does not fall under UCW refund policy and futher review required. It has been 2 months now and still the matter has not been resolved.

The initial offer letter I received was for Summer- 2021 since then I deffered the offer letter because of refusal and Judicial Review.

Below is the UCW refund policy document.

https://resources.finalsite.net/images/v1655311027/uwoca/hgfbw2tf9xcuhp9fxsia/3001p-Student-Tuition-Refunds-Procedure.pdf

Please let me know how to deal with this situation.
UCW Response

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
I think once you appealed the decision you were no longer within the refund policies of the University. Can't really tell you what else to do but to try and talk to them. Good luck!

Faizan.kareem.ocp

Oct 14, 2017
ABU DHABI
NOC Code......
I think once you appealed the decision you were no longer within the refund policies of the University. Can't really tell you what else to do but to try and talk to them. Good luck!
It is nowhere mentioned in the policy. Can you please share more details.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear All,

I had applied for MBA in UCW University but my study visa got rejected, I hired a lawyer and applied for Appeal instead of Resubmitting my application. In the meantime, I deferred the offer letter and wait for the appeal however the settlement appeal is also refused by IRCC. Now the decision is pending with Court for Months.

Initially they asked for Final refusal letter, I have provided all the necessary documents (Refusal Letter, Settlement Refusal Document). I have received an email today stating that Refund request does not fall under UCW refund policy and futher review required. It has been 2 months now and still the matter has not been resolved.

The initial offer letter I received was for Summer- 2021 since then I deffered the offer letter because of refusal and Judicial Review.

Below is the UCW refund policy document.

https://resources.finalsite.net/images/v1655311027/uwoca/hgfbw2tf9xcuhp9fxsia/3001p-Student-Tuition-Refunds-Procedure.pdf

Please let me know how to deal with this situation.
UCW Response
Assume you’ll need to final confirmation that you have been refused before you can get your money back. Court order needs to come to a conclusion first.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
It is nowhere mentioned in the policy. Can you please share more details.
Assume you’ll need to final confirmation that you have been refused before you can get your money back. Court order needs to come to a conclusion first.
Agree with what @canuck78 said... I think once you appealed, your application was no longer "refused" and changed status to "in process". I don't know what your University refund policy is but my guess is they can only refund your money if your application is refused. Since your application is in process, they need to receive the final decision from IRCC.

That's what I believe happened but you should ask for more detailed information from your University.