+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help Required : Family Sponsor with child not in the dependents of PR

amritpal2489

Nov 19, 2021
Guys.. Help me out here..
I landed as PR in July'22. In my COPR my spouse and child were shown as dependents. My wife delivered our second child in August'22 and ofcourse he was not shown and entered in the PR Application and further not mentioned in COPR also.
My worry is.. Will it be an issue when I put in a spousal sponsorship application? Will I be able to add my second child without any hassles? How should I go about it?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I landed as PR in July'22. In my COPR my spouse and child were shown as dependents. My wife delivered our second child in August'22 and ofcourse he was not shown and entered in the PR Application and further not mentioned in COPR also.
My worry is.. Will it be an issue when I put in a spousal sponsorship application? Will I be able to add my second child without any hassles? How should I go about it?
answered in other thread. No issue.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship.46995/post-10258317

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You will have to sponsor your wife and child who were listed as non-accompanying and then sponsor your new child from scratch. Process will take around a year. You will need to remain in Canada while you sponsor them. A short trip of 2-3 weeks seems to be overlooked. It’s unfortunate that you hadn’t added your family as accompanying and then waited for the baby to be born to be added to the PR application. You could have all landed in Canada as PRs at the same time. Now you will likely be separated for at least a year from your family. Your spouse and children can try to get TRVs but it will be quite difficult.